Search for content in message boards

Charles Carrol

Replies: 153

Re: Charles Carroll of Carrollton Signer of declaration

Posted: 14 Jan 2009 1:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
(They say that . . . they will not take my PDF Files, so if they don't have them here, you can email me and I'll send them) marccarrolloh@cs.com

The properties; Ely O'Carrol and Litterlouna, are mentioned in the “Life and Correspondence of Charles Carroll of Carrollton” and were originally surveyed for Charles Carroll, the grandfather of CC of C.

Of the chapters I copied, not much is mentioned other than Charles Carroll; the settler, early on as the Register of the Land Office, acquired several tracts of land, two of which were ““Elyo Carroll,” (which has to be a misprint) one thousand acres in Baltimore County was surveyed in January, 1695, and soon after “Litterlouna,” in the same county, a place of four hundred acres. “

The land started with Charles, the Settler and Attorney General and could most likely be traced down through Wills. I did copy the Wills; as they were in the book, of this Charles, his son Charles Carroll of Annapolis and grandson Charles Carroll of Carrollton. Unfortunately, I have only one of them in a PDF File format at this time. That being for CC of C, who died in 1832. It’s quite long and I didn’t read through it lately, but you might find mention of the land and how your Thompson and Savier lines would have come into possession of those two properties by 1838. I’ve attached a copy of that will as it appeared in the book.

All of the names you mentioned, were familiar to me as I had them recorded in the family file. I’m sorry to say, I don’t have much; if anything, on the Thompson family. From what I had, it appears there were three Thomson girls that married brothers. Although I have no reference that Ella Thompson is a sister.

Charles Carroll married
Caroline Thompson.
John Lee Carroll married
(1) Anita Phelps, (2) Mary Carter Thompson.
Robert Goodloe Harper Carroll married
Ella Thompson.

(You can see the attached family file)

Other than that, there was a mention noted in the “Daily Journal” of CC of C where he writes of meeting with a General Thompson. Though I don’t know of any relation between General Thompson and the girls that married the great grandsons of CC of C.

Marc Carroll
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Marc Carroll 3 Jul 2006 10:37PM GMT 
BeverlyMarine... 1 Jul 2006 4:41AM GMT 
Marc Carroll 3 Jul 2006 11:35PM GMT 
BeverlyMarine... 4 Jul 2006 10:31PM GMT 
Marc Carroll 5 Jul 2006 9:46PM GMT 
Tipp 6 Jul 2006 12:42AM GMT 
Lura 6 Jul 2006 1:32AM GMT 
tomthompson53 14 Jan 2009 3:31AM GMT 
Marc Carroll 14 Jan 2009 8:49PM GMT 
slostia 14 Apr 2011 6:19AM GMT