Search for content in message boards

Charles Carrol

Replies: 153

Re: Charles Carroll

Lura (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2006 5:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CARROLL
I wonder if there are any male descendants of Charles Carroll of Doughoregan, born July 25, 1801, who are alive today?? Apparently he was the only grandson of CC of C. If there are any direct male descendants alive now, I would like to contact them and ask if they would be willing to allow a sample of their DNA to be sent to FamilyTreeDNA to become part of the CARROLL DNA Project. I believe this is the only way we will ever be able to identify the various lines of people in the world who use the name "Carroll". We already know there is a diverse group.

My ggg-grandfather Carroll was born before the only son of CC of C, and yet the story was told that my Carrolls were descended from him. ??? DNA would answer that question for many people. Even if my CARROLL family is descended from other sons of Daniel of Litterluna (a possibility), then the DNA should still tell us there was a connection. My male cousin already has two perfect 37/37 matches with men I had never known to exist, but I had come to believe their ancestors were related to my ggg-grandfather. Isn't that amazing?

Be sure to keep up with the progress of the DNA Project at the following sites, and please let me know if you are a direct male descendant of Charles Carroll of Doughoregan or know someone who is. Or better still, contact the project administrator, Kevin Carroll kushtiqa@hotmail.com

Thank you,
Lura CARROLL Southard

http://www.childtalk.com/History/carrollfamilydna.html

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/carroll
(Be sure to click all the tabs at the top for other pages.)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lbifulco1 7 Aug 2011 6:00PM GMT 
lbifulco1 1 Jul 2006 3:16AM GMT 
BeverlyMarine... 2 Jul 2006 2:32PM GMT 
carrolljohnj 24 Feb 2013 10:13PM GMT 
Lura 2 Jul 2006 11:37PM GMT 
Marc Carroll 4 Jul 2006 3:11AM GMT 
Marc Carroll 6 Jul 2006 7:41PM GMT 
cyjohnston 24 Sep 2007 3:31PM GMT 
tomthompson53 14 Jan 2009 3:44AM GMT 
phillipdebern... 5 Oct 2011 12:58AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions