Search for content in message boards

Dr. James Carroll

Replies: 4

Re: Dr. James Carroll

Posted: 27 May 2013 4:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
According to the census, some of which ask the question of the ladies: how many children did you birth, and how many are still alive. It's been quite a puzzle! Jennie and the major had SEVEN children, all of which were living when he died. Still, the applications for her pension indicate only SIX children... it took a while before the significance of the "UNDER SIXTEEN!" My grandmother was the baby, Ethel- -less than two when he died. James H was around eighteen and it looks like he stayed home briefly before seeking his fortune or fun or something!

Compare the census from 1900 and 1910 and you'll see all seven kids. Carolyn/caroline was born 1900 with Ruth and Ethel coming before the death of the major who was dead by the time of the 1910 census. It's fun to read between the lines! As a mom, I think about having SEVEN children to deal with while grieving such a loss! Military wives STILL learn to DO while husbands are away on tour.

I grew up hearing about the Beuhlers, Aunt Caroline and Uncle Frank...family came from out of town but I never kept them straight.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JANEBAUER 26 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT 
lynnball1022 7 Aug 2009 2:05AM GMT 
ApplemanLinda 17 May 2013 6:27PM GMT 
lynnballrdh 26 May 2013 7:57PM GMT 
ApplemanLinda 27 May 2013 10:46PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions