Search for content in message boards

Carroll family of Edenburt, County Cavan

Replies: 18

Re: Carroll family of Edenburt, County Cavan

Posted: 27 Nov 2004 7:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carroll O'Carroll Lynch Balfe Ryan Higgins Lawler Delmore English
Kevin....Yes, Lurgan is the Civil Parish that St. Matthew's Church is located in. My Carroll ancestors were from the very area you are referring to in your question about Thomas Carroll and Margaret McMahon. Unfortunately, I have not seen any connection to this couple at all in my research of the church records. There is another Catholic Church very close to St. Matthew's, across the border, in Carnaross, County Meath. It too was used by the people near the borders of Meath and Cavan. You're right...the more we search, the more questions we have! With regard to the Plunkett family...I have no proven connection to that name, but I suspect that another family of Carrolls from the area and I may be related. The DNA test will prove or disprove that. There are Plunketts in their family. I mentioned it in one of my posting on the outside chance that I'd be able to make a connection through that surname to my Carrolls. Sorry, I don't have any photos of the Plunkett family. I do know that there was an Anne Plunkett of Westmeath who married a Richard Carroll of Edenburt in 1844. As far as I know, the Plunkett that married into the Carroll family had always lived in Ireland. The location in England doesn't seem to fit. Thanks for asking though!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Cavan135 22 Nov 2004 9:53PM GMT 
Sharon Davies 23 Nov 2004 10:44PM GMT 
Chris Carroll 24 Nov 2004 3:55AM GMT 
kjcarroll 26 Nov 2004 4:59PM GMT 
Cavan135 27 Nov 2004 1:48AM GMT 
kjcarroll 27 Nov 2004 8:09AM GMT 
Cavan135 27 Nov 2004 2:34PM GMT 
JimDenning 12 Dec 2004 2:50AM GMT 
Josephine Trz... 19 Mar 2010 1:00AM GMT 
cavanboy 20 Mar 2010 1:07PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions