Search for content in message boards

ATTN: "Fran/ nanincincy@aol.com" (CARROLL's in New Albany)

Replies: 6

Re: ATTN: "Fran/ nanincincy@aol.com" (CARROLL's in New Albany)

Posted: 21 Jul 2013 10:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
This is a resend from 7/18/2013. Not sure what happened but I am not seeing it on the Message Board or List. Sorry if the following is a duplicate:

Given what's become public in recent years, it isn't hard to guess what could have freaked him out.

I don't know the full story, but my grandmother, Anna (Carroll) Gibbs [Patrick's sister], also left the Catholic Church but I don't think it was over whatever happened to Patrick. I think it had more to do with her husband, George Gibbs [my grandfather], than anything else. George was a Lutheran at the time he married Anna Carroll; however, the two oldest children, Georgia and Carroll, went to Catholic Church up until it was time for Georgia to start school.

At age 13, my dad was confirmed in an Evangelical Church in Evansville. There wasn't one of those in Rockport so my family went to the Lutheran Church when I was a child. My mom was raised in the First Christian Church so that's where our family eventually settled.

Dad's sister, Georgia, returned to the Catholic Church when she married and she stayed with it until her death.

I think I've found a link to just about every Christian denomination in researching my ancestors.

Thanks for keeping me in the loop. Good Luck with your research.

Jane
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jgwheat10 26 Jun 2006 3:25AM GMT 
jodilc0278 26 Jun 2013 3:11AM GMT 
jgwheat10 27 Jun 2013 12:43AM GMT 
jodilc0278 18 Jul 2013 2:54AM GMT 
Jane Gibbs Wh... 18 Jul 2013 2:24PM GMT 
jodilc0278 18 Jul 2013 5:36PM GMT 
jgwheat10 22 Jul 2013 4:03AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic