Search for content in message boards

Michael Carroll b. 1790 in Carrickmacross, County Monaghan Ireland, immigrated to New Brunswick, Canada

Replies: 0

Michael Carroll b. 1790 in Carrickmacross, County Monaghan Ireland, immigrated to New Brunswick, Canada

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 11:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Feb 2013 12:03AM GMT
Surnames: Carroll/McPhadden/McFadden/Lynn/Bourque/Coughlan/Coyle/McGrath/Graham
I'm looking for any information on the parents or siblings for my great-great-grandfather, Michael Carroll. I think he was born around 1790, but some census records indicate it might be as late as 1816. I'm not sure when he came to Canada but he was married here in 1842 so it was some time before then. We originally thought he was from County Cork but then someone in the family discovered he was from Carrickmacross. I'm told he travelled to Canada with a brother named James and possibly another brother named Owen.

He apparently travelled to St. John, NB, working in the shipyards, and eventually made his way to Bouctouche, NB where he stayed until he died.

He married Sarah McPhadden in 1842 and had 4 children:
Ellen (married John Lynn and then Vital Bourque),
Catherine (married John Coughlan),
Mary (married Patrick Coyle and then William David McGrath)
James (married Mary Ann Graham).

Michael is our brick wall. No one in the family has been able to get past him. I'm hoping someone out there has him in their tree, however distant or removed. I haven't gotten any "hints" from members trees, but I'm hoping this post will generate some responses.

Any help or information is appreciated. Thanks.
Nancy

Find a board about a specific topic