Search for content in message boards

Antoine Carroll & Delima Poupart

Replies: 0

Antoine Carroll & Delima Poupart

Posted: 2 Jun 2013 2:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
This is information I found on www.fcgsc.org The email address was no good and they have not responded to my reply yet. The story is similar to the story I was told as a child. Hope it helps anyone. Contact me fred.a.carroll@gmail.com or 704-756-3951

Joan
May 21, 2007 - 4:21PM
Quote Reply Poupart/Carroll/Toupin/Rufiange - Quebec
Looking to 'connect' my Carroll Surname.

I am stuck on Antoine Carroll (b. 1833/4? - place unknown) Some documents say Ireland & some say Canada. The family story says the O'Carroll family sent son(s) to France to school where they lived with a French family. The Irish son then migrated to Canada. Montreal area (not sure if it was with the Irish family or French family, but my Antoine may have used the French surname Rufiange or stayed with that family while in Canada) In Canada Antoine married and came to the US passing himself off as Canadian French using the spelling Carrell. Also He may have used the French families name of Rufiange. Is was also said Jean Baptiste, listed as his father, may have been a foster father.
They lived in MA, MI, and CT (Jewette City/ Plainfield/Griswold), were all educated & could write, (have Antoine’s signature in the mid 1800’s) were Catholic, and had much knowledge in the textile trade. There is a history of Red Heads in the family from the Carroll line. Also my Grandparents lived for a while in NH on a farm near Belmont NH. It was there that the family was supposed to have raised Race horses. It was said that other members of the family moved to the Kentucky area to raise horses as well.

I have traced Antonie Carrolls wife's family back to France & 1500's. But in trying to hide their Irishness, my Carrol family has hidden their tracks well.

Below please find the broken link starting with my Grandmother.

Thanks, Joan

My Grandmother Eva (Carroll) Cloutier
Children Edward, Joseph, Olivine, Leo Roland, George

My GGrand father:
Edouard Carroll (alias Edward Carrell)
b. 12-AUG-1866 Fitchburg, MA (bapt. record 13 AUG-1866 as Edward Carrell)
[I was told they passed themselves off as French because of the Hate for Irish,
Death & Bapt records confirmed B date)
d. 27-NOV-1927 Acushnet MA (61yrs old)
M. 4-MAR-1889 in Griswold,CT
Had lived in for a while Michigan as a boy, then moved to CT, then to New Bedford, MA

He Married Cedulie Normandin, 4 Mar 1889
b.Aug 12 1870 StPie Canada
d. 23-JUN-1953 Oxford, MA
Children: Eva, Doris

Ed's Parents (My GGGrand parents):

-Antoine (Anthony ) Carroll (Carrelle/Rufianche/Rufiange):
Born 1833/4 ? Ireland or Chateaugay, Montreal Canada (not documented yet- Some documents say Ireland - trying to trace back to Parents birth) Died 30 Jul 1893 Griswold, CT(age 59)

-Wife Delima Poupart (Poupard/Poupard):
Marie-Adeline Poupart born 12 Feb 1836 St Isadore, LaPrarie - Montreal, Que, Canada (Parents Edward Poupart & Archange Toupin) Died 22 Aug 1905 Norwich, CT
-Children: Mary Teresa. (Wells) b.30 May 1857 St. Hyacinthe Canada, Edouard (b.1866 above), Eugene J.(b.5 Aug 1868) , Helene(Chamberlain) b. 1859, Annie(Ronsseau), Albinia (Couture)b. 1861, Olivier (b.7 Oct 1864 d young) Lucy died young.(not sure of birth order)
They moved from Canada to the US between 1857 and 1861. They lived in Plainfield Ct in 1870 (1870 census) Trying to connect to where they were prior to 1880.
I do know they moved to work in the Textile Mills. Thanks

Antoine’s Parents (My GGGGrand parents):
-Father- Jean-Baptiste Carrelle (might be family with last name of Rufiange, or Rufianche, that Antonie lived with while in Canada)
-Mother M. Joachim b. Chateguay Canada.
Carroll

Other names:
Ludovico Carroll (Eva's Bapt. sponsor)
Delinia Pepas (Eva's Bapt. sponsor)
Maria Normandin (Ed & Cedulie Marriage witness)
Joanne Carroll (witness, Ed & Celulie’s marriage 1886.)
Louis & Denise Langlois (Edward’s Bapt sponsors)

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions