Search for content in message boards

Carrolls in Williamson County, TN

Replies: 0

Carrolls in Williamson County, TN

Posted: 20 Dec 2013 7:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for my grandfather's two siblings. My grandfather, Odie B. Carroll, was placed in the Tennessee Orphan Home in Spring Hill (now the Tennessee Children's Home) in August of 1926. His adoption records indicate that he had a 4 year old sister (Lilly or Liludora) and a 3 month old brother (Guy?). The siblings were not placed in the same orphanage but instead in the Tennessee Children's Home Society in Nashville. The Department of Children's Services in Nashville has verified the siblings were placed there and were not caught up in the illegal activity of this orphanage during those years. However, I have been unable to locate them and am unsure of their names. My only recourse at this time is to petition the court to open the records because I am not of linear descent, if the names are indeed accurate. The parents were Lizzie Dorton (buried in Mount Hope Cemetery in Williamson County) and Burl Carroll (died in the Williamson County Poor House). Also, if anyone has any information about the location of "Dorton Graveyard," I would sincerely appreciate it. Burl's death certificate indicates that is where he is buried. I have been unable to locate it.

Find a board about a specific topic