Search for content in message boards

cassidy's of nb & me

Replies: 6

Re: cassidy's of nb & me

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 6:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
kim, good to hear from you. i got this from some other cassidy decendants a few months back.

Hi Chris' We to are trying to connect the Cassidy's of Houlton , Maine. You will note in the 1850 census that the Dority's and Matthew Cassidy are living adjacent to Philip and Margaret Cassidy. From the age difference it appears she may be Philips mother. Mathew contiued to live adjacent to Philip and aquired his farm after his death in 1860. After 1860 Matthew's family is intwined with the family of James Cassidy. We have conducted dna tests with a 3rd generation decended of Matthew and a 4th generation decendent of James and they are a close match. That with some other information we have leads us to believe that Matthew and James were brothers, or at the very least close cousins. The fact that Matthew was living with Mary Cassidy Dority suggests that they are related. (brother and sister?). Michael Dority and Mary Cassidy were married in Woodstock NB 23 October 1845. Both Matthew and James named a son Patrick. Matthew's son died in Houlton in 1924. James's son was living in PA in 1937 when his mother died. Do you know of any living male decendents of the older Patrick Cassidy born in Ireland about 1833 that would be willing to submit dna for comparisen? We went thru ancestry.com for our tests. I believe the elder Patrick is buried in St. Marys RC cemetery in Houlton. If you have further Question or information please feel free to cintact me. MJB, nee Cassidy

hopefully, between the three of us we can make some discoverys. chris

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
chrishenry184... 29 May 2012 12:23PM GMT 
Kimberly Mott 10 Oct 2012 2:11AM GMT 
chrishenry184... 10 Oct 2012 12:36PM GMT 
Kimberly Mott 11 Oct 2012 1:21PM GMT 
chrishenry184... 11 Oct 2012 3:41PM GMT 
Kimberly Mott 13 Oct 2012 2:01AM GMT 
chrishenry184... 13 Oct 2012 6:10AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions