Search for content in message boards

Cassidy/Murphy's married in Rutherglen, Scotland in 1871

Replies: 0

Cassidy/Murphy's married in Rutherglen, Scotland in 1871

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 3:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thomas Cassidy and Bridget Cecelia Murphy of Glasgow, Scotland, of Irish decent. Both came to U.S. arrived in N.Y. in 1875 with two of their children, Thomas and Felix. They settled in Plymouth Township, and Larksville Luzerne County, Pa. I 've tracked them to the Glasgow area of Scotland, and found their parents, and found out whom Thomas grandparents were, James Cassidy, and Bridget McKinley. I am sure that these Irish immigrants ended up in Scotland before the potato famine, they where seeking employment as Scotland had a large variety of jobs available. I don't know if James actually lived in Scotland, I only find his name on his son Thomas' death record from Scotland, it only mentions that he was born in Ireland, his son Thomas was also born in Ireland. I am estimating they arrived in Scotland in the 1830's, from my research I learned that there are no passenger lists for these types of immigration. I don't know if I will ever find where in Ireland my Cassidy's originated from. The only source for locating them is by a Surname on a map of Ireland, I've heard Cassidy's originated from - Fermanagh, Monahan, and a few other counties. If anyone is knowledgeable about this surname or may be related to my line, please post your message here. My mother Mary's maiden name was Cassidy, her father was Wm T. Cassidy and his wife was Gertrude Brown. Thank you.

Mary Emmett Langdon
7-8-12

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions