Search for content in message boards

cassidy's in mobile al and Milwaukee wisconsin

Replies: 0

cassidy's in mobile al and Milwaukee wisconsin

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 10:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: cassidy
I am brand new to geneaolgy research and am having a terribly hard time finding information on my grandfather.
My grandfather was named Willis M Cassidy and he lived all over the south--Mississippi, Louisiana and Alabama. On some documents his name is spelled Willie Cassity. He had a relative named Mary that may or may not have been his sister that is listed living in Miliwaukee in 1935 when she was 16 years old. Mary L Cassity and her mom Alice were listed in the 1940 census as living together next to my grandfather and grandmother in Mobile--possibly Crichton or Wheelerville or ward 8 neighborhoods. I know from family that he had a brother named John or Johnny. Lack of documentation makes sense since he was a supposed "rum runner" and died when he was only 50.
My hope is that someone is researching Cassidy or Cassity's in the area of mobile but are reaching a dead end. I would love to compare notes. please feel free to email lilmommacass@gmail.com if you have any info or would like to help:)

Find a board about a specific topic