Search for content in message boards

Bernard Cassidy son of Peter Cassidy - Erin County Minn

Replies: 4

Re: Bernard Cassidy son of Peter Cassidy - Erin County Minn

Posted: 22 Feb 2006 5:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have been doing research on this Cassidy family. Where did you get the name Mary for Peter's wife? I was told it was Katherine Fee and that Peter came from Fermanagh. I have four different b dates for Peter: 1800 per History of San Joaquin Cty (died in 1898 at age 98); 1 May 1803 per cemetary record which says he d 11 May 1894; 1810 per 1880 census (age 70) and 1820 per 1870 census (age 50). Have found a lot of conflicting info! Where did you get the information about his moving to Illinois? There was a note in the cemetary record to the effect that he was a VET Co D 35th Ill Inf Vols Native Co Fermanagh, Ire. I wondered if this was the right Peter because I hadn't heard he was in Illlinois at all, but there as not another Peter in Rice County so assume that he is the right one. His son, Bernard, was b June 1851 in Fermanagh, came to Minnesota about 1866 (after his father), and later moved to Stockton, CA. He marr Mary Devereaux abt 1869 in MN. She was b in Wexford Co, Ire. and was the dau of Patrick Devereaux and Margaret Hoar. They had eight children that I know of, the first 2 were b in MN and the rest in CA. It has been a struggle trying to sort out dates, etc.. Do you have a copy of the page from the History of San Joaquin Co? If not I will send you one via e-mail. Also, if you want copies of the family group sheets I have for Peter, Bernard and his son Bernard, let me know and send me your snail mail address. Which one of the descendants of Bernard Cassidy b 1851 is your ancestors? Good luck with your research. Mary Laird
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mike Cassidy 6 Jul 2005 4:26AM GMT 
marylaird66 23 Feb 2006 12:28AM GMT 
Mike Cassidy 24 Feb 2006 2:13AM GMT 
Michael Cassidy 29 Jun 2006 6:02AM GMT 
Duckhunter194... 18 Jun 2012 8:28PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic