Search for content in message boards

Thomas Cave-Spartanburg County SC and Dubois County IN

Replies: 2

Thomas Cave-Spartanburg County SC and Dubois County IN

Posted: 6 May 2011 5:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cave, Cavan, Medford
Hi! I am looking for information on Thomas Cave and Elizabeth Medford of South Carolina (Spartangburg County). I have quite a bit of information on them, but want to find Thomas' father and connect some possible relatives (John Cavan, Moses Cavan) who lived in the same county around the same time. Thomas Cave was a veteran of the War of 1812 (I have documentation). He moved his family to Dubois County IN in 1815 or so where he died in 1852. He was married 3 times. I am descended from his third wife, Fannie Davis Cave, and his granddaughter, Julia Ann Cave, who was my grandomother's grandmother. I have photos of Julia and quite a bit on this family's history in Indian.

Can anyone help me out with some additional information on the first marriage in South Carolina? Also, Thomas was supposed to have been born circa 1777 in Virginia. No idea what county or possible parents. This is why I want to make a connection if possible with the Cavans who live in Spartanburg County SC at the same time. I am wondering if they may be related, but made a name change for some reason.

Or they may be no relation.

Thanks for any help.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
wileya127 6 May 2011 11:08AM GMT 
Lonestar7 20 May 2013 3:00AM GMT 
wileya127 20 May 2013 3:36AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions