Search for content in message boards

Chapel family from New London, Ct

Replies: 25

Re: Chapel family from New London, Ct

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 9:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Gary,

If you send me your email address, I will send you what I have. It is too long to put it in here--I preared a report from TMG going back 5 generations. It was done awhile ago, and some before I converted from Family Tree Maker to TMG, which conversion lost the citations for parents-children. This one I have no t researched since, as my ancestry is through the 2nd wife of Richard Chapel, Sarah Smith. I have verified that Richard married Grace in New London fron New London Church Records. They must have mpoved to Sandisfield about 1775, as the first child was born New London 1774 and the second Sandisfield 1776. I did not include the children in the report as far as I can tell, but could revise it to incluse that information if you wish. I have also not proofread the report, so it is as it comes out of the computer. Since I worked on this families I have made changes to the "sentences" which are the way in which the material prints in a report.

Finally, I see a lot of the sources are "American Ancestry of the Chapel and Kindred Families of _____ New England" by E.P. Chapel, a secondary source I do not recall to be necessarily accurate. If Baker is included, I know he has many mistakes. It has been years since I researched the Leach family, but know Baker has the Richard Chapel ancestry wrong, and also errors in the Comstock family. Another unreliable source as he relied heavily on Baker is my Uncle Bill, William Chapel. He spent many years writing his book, but it was before computers, etc., and also has tons of errors, not only from using poor sources like Baker, but in his own research, or perhaps his writing of it (has a father born before a son for instance).

Barbara

PS: my email address: BarbaradeMare@yahoo.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ConnieSchneid... 1 Oct 2009 10:20PM GMT 
BarbaradeMare 2 Oct 2009 12:23PM GMT 
pktaylor1950 10 Oct 2009 2:30PM GMT 
BarbaradeMare 11 Oct 2009 5:11PM GMT 
pktaylor1950 13 Oct 2009 6:59AM GMT 
GaryChapel 23 Aug 2012 7:47PM GMT 
BarbaradeMare 24 Aug 2012 12:05AM GMT 
GaryChapel 26 Aug 2012 2:19AM GMT 
BarbaradeMare 26 Aug 2012 3:20PM GMT 
pktaylor1950 13 Oct 2009 7:05AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions