Search for content in message boards

Mary Chew of South Philadelphia (Pennsylvania)

Replies: 0

Mary Chew of South Philadelphia (Pennsylvania)

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 6:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CHEW, FITZGERALD, NOLAN, FRISSE, REMER
I am searching for any genealogical information on a Mary Chew, maiden name unknown, born about 1907 in Pennsylvania (possibly Philadelphia). She was the spouse of Edward Chew, born 19 Oct 1905 in South Philadelphia (PA), son of Charles F.Chew and Isabella (nee Fitzgerald). The Chew Family always lived in the vicinity of 2nd & Dickinson Streets, in South Philadelphia. Edward Chew married his wife, Mary, in the early 1930's. Edward and Mary Chew had 3 sons: Edward (born~1932), Charles (born ~1936) and John (born ~1938). Mary Chew may have been a close relative of the Nolan Family of Port Carbon/Pottsville PA and West Philadelphia PA. She was a neice of Elizabeth Nolan Frisse of Port Richmond/Philadelphia. Edward Chew was a long-term employee of The Philadelphia Inquirer; he appears to have died in Soutn Philadelphia about September 1978. His widow, Mary, may have died about 1991, possibly in South Philadelphia also. My main interest is in the parents and siblings of this Mary Chew, her maiden name, date/place of birth and early life. My mother, Alma Frisse Remer, spoke of "my cousin, Mary Chew of 2 Street in South Philadelphia" often, but I do not know their exact relationship or family connection. Any and all information on Mary Chew would be most appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions