Search for content in message boards

Looking for Information on Raleigh and Charles Chinn of Virginia

Replies: 16

Re: Looking for Information on Raleigh and Charles Chinn of Virginia

Posted: 1 Mar 2008 11:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Chinn, Lewis
Elizabeth,

I too have a Chinn in my family, that I don't even know where to begin with. All the Chinn information seems a bit confusing to me because of a lot of similar names, etc. and I haven't even attempted to try and delve into it to see if I could unlock where my lineage falls into play. All I know about her is this.

Her name is Margaret Chinn b. ca. 1797 and d. ca. 1881 when and where for both unknown to me at this time. She married a Thomas A. Lewis and again when and where I don't know. I know they had at least one son named William Samuel Lewis b 1834. It was from information on William that I obtained Margaret and Thomas' names as parents. I do not know of any siblings at this time either.

I am trying to find my heritage past both Margaret and Thomas. However I have been very unsuccessful as I have little to no information about either. Again for both all I have is an estimated time of birth and death and no other information. I have plenty about the son William, but the parents continue to allude me. I was hoping that if I could find just one clue about either that it would perhaps lead me to the other.

Is Margaret perhaps in some way connected to your family lines?? Or perhaps your Charles??

Any information you could give would be greatly appreciated! Or if you could perhaps maybe point me in the right direction for research I would greatly appreciate that as well!!!

Thanks!!

Jennifer
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Pamkf 26 Feb 2008 12:42AM GMT 
Elizabeth Har... 27 Feb 2008 1:11PM GMT 
Pamkf 27 Feb 2008 2:16PM GMT 
Elizabeth Har... 27 Feb 2008 3:49PM GMT 
plinkmusic 28 Feb 2008 6:22AM GMT 
Pamkf 28 Feb 2008 2:56PM GMT 
plinkmusic 1 Mar 2008 5:23AM GMT 
Kimberly John... 1 Mar 2008 6:41PM GMT 
Elizabeth Har... 1 Mar 2008 7:15PM GMT