Search for content in message boards

Cliburn

Replies: 1

Re: Cliburn

Posted: 13 Feb 2012 2:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Feb 2012 3:06PM GMT
Surnames: CLIBURN/CLYBURN, McLEOD & OWENS/OWNES
Hello and welcome to the Cliburn board. Do you have other info?? such as birthplace, dates, who they married and/or death dates? I perfer that you don't list living relatives. How far back have you been able to go?? I find that the Cliburn name, and the many spellings over the years are hard to track!!. Mine ended up in Missouri from the east coast, more than likely Virginia so far. Here is my line, hope that it will help someone else or maybe catch someone's eye that is a relative..

J.P. CLIBURN (Joseph Peterson) b.05 Mar 1889 in Foster Iowa and d. 03 Apr 1935 in Barnes Hospital in St. Louis and buried in Cuba, Crawford Co., MO. He married Sarah Emma McLEOD 14 Oct. 1913 in St. Charles, MO. she was b. 12 Aug. 1894, St. Louis (Maplewood)MO.
J.P.'s father: Ephraim CLIBURN b. 28 Jun 1862 in Jackson Co., ILL. and died 12 Apr 1947 Pickneyville, Perry, Illinois. J.P's mother: Rose Alace OWNES, b. 25 Sep 1870 in Missouri and died 26 Dec. 1965 in Cuba, Crawford Co., MO. and is also buried there. Ephraim & Rose were divorced, dont know when..??
Parents to Ephraim: John P. CLIBURN/CLYBURN, b. abt. 1835 in Tenn. and died (date Unkn) in Jackson Co., Ill. He married Eliza C. (LNU) b.abt.1839 in Kentucky.
Parents to John P.: Ephraim/John CLIBURN b. abt. 1815, I dont know where as of yet. That is all I have other than a brother CLIBURN (J.P) married Sarah McLEOD and J.P's sister Birtha CLIBURN married the brother of Sarah McLEOD, so we have 2 CLIBURN's & 2 McLEOD's marrying into each family..very confusing some times!! I have been told that we are from the CLIBURN Hall Family but this is all that I can verify so far. Good Hunting and looking forward to your post.
Sincerely,
Sandee,
genelistmom, Board Admin.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
hawthorne_fel... 9 Feb 2012 5:54PM GMT 
genelistmom 13 Feb 2012 9:48PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions