Search for content in message boards

Charles, Florence and Beatrice Clute in NY

Replies: 0

Charles, Florence and Beatrice Clute in NY

Posted: 31 Mar 2013 8:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
In researching my wife's family history, I have found that she is the great granddaughter of Beatrice Mae Clute (1913-1937) aka Emma Clute. According to Beatrice's birth certificate and trees on Ancestry, Beatrice is the daughter of Charles Clute and Florence Clute (ie maiden name Clute). However, my research has been unable to establish whether Charles was ever *married* to either Forence or to Maude Beety, the mother of his daughter Dorothy.

On the one hand,
- The terms "Mr. and Mrs. Charles Clute" are used to describe the parents of Beatrice/Emma Clute in a 1931 newspaper notice of her marriage as well as her 1937 obituary.

Oh the other hand,
- There is no record of their marriage in the NYS Vital Records Index 1909-1914
- one Ancestry tree lists her marrying Fred Campbell in 1915
- a 1935 social note in the Wellsboro Agitator notes that Mr. and Mrs. Mansel Clark (ie Beatrice and her husband) visited the home of Mr. and Mrs. Earl Irish; in 1937, a newspaper notice identifies the wife of Earl Irish to have the name Florence and to be the daughter of Clute
- I can't find any of the above on the 1915 NYS Census

So,
- Does anyone know whether Charles ever married Florence or Maude?
- Does anyone have any have any records (i.e. obituary, death certificate) for Charles Clute which you might be able to share?
- As an aside, Beatrice's 1931 newspaper wedding announcement says she was formerly known as Emma Gardner. Does anyone know what this is all about?

Thank you so much,
David

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions