Search for content in message boards

Coddington Estate workers in County Louth, Ireland

Replies: 1

Coddington Estate workers in County Louth, Ireland

Posted: 15 Aug 2009 11:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Reynolds, McGuinness
I am looking for information on Reynolds who worked on the Coddington estate in Drogheda Ireland. My ancestors were foremen or overseers on the renovations.

The first Reynolds would be William "Old Billy" Reynolds (1785-1865). Old Billy lived in Oldbridge near Drogheda.

His son, Patrick Reynolds took over the job.

Patrick bought a small house in Donore Road and it was enlarged over the years.

Then Joseph Reynolds (1844-1914) took over the job from Patrick Reynolds. Joseph seems to have held the job in 1890. Joseph married Rose McGuinness in 1873.

McGuinness were a local family that were skilled in cattle rearing and ailments. They might have worked for the Coddingtons as agricultural contractors and helped with any cattle.

All 3 Reynolds lived in a house in Oldbridge when they held the job of overseer as it went with the job. The house was demolished in 1970 after being in disrepair for some years.

There might even be more Reynolds who worked on the estate since they came to the Drogheda area from Letrium around 1780 to work on other houses.

There is a Reynolds family burial plot is inside an old ruined medieval church in Donore with about 25 Reynolds buried there.

Most of this information is from distant Reynolds relatives living in Dublin, Ireland.

I am interested in any information any Coddingtons might have on these Reynolds workers or their families. I am missing a lot of names (wives of old Billy and Patrick, and many children).

Thank you for any help that you can provide me.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
moxiedoxie78 15 Aug 2009 5:16PM GMT 
ncoddington30... 10 Oct 2009 4:38PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic