Search for content in message boards

Mary Coen, County Mayo >>Philadelphia

Replies: 4

Mary Coen, County Mayo >>Philadelphia

Posted: 31 Jul 2006 8:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Coen, Campbell, McCartney, Blaney
I have begun researching some of my mother’s family and I have the information that her grandmother would have been Mary Coen. I believe she was born around 1889 and she immigrated to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. From what I found she came to the US in 1903 or so and oral history shows she worked as a house servant for a doctor which is where she met William Campbell who she would marry. He was from Pennsylvania originally and worked in the stables. The census shows that her sister, Catherine Coen, lived with the couple in 1910 but I assume she had married by 1920. William and Mary had 5 boys: Jack, Jim, Tom, and Charlie and 3 girls: Nancy, Mary, and Catherine – all born in Pennsylvania. I know 4 of the 5 boys were in WW2 and I know that Mary would have died from pneumonia somewhere in the early to mid 1920’s as my grandfather was young when she died. I am interested in finding out more about Mary Coen’s family. All I found from what I believe are her immigration records is that her last place of residence was Ballyhannis (from what I found it should be Ballyhaunis) in County Mayo, Ireland. If anyone has any information relating to her or the family, I’d appreciate it.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
nbarber32 1 Aug 2006 2:23AM GMT 
Caroline Carmody 17 Nov 2006 7:02PM GMT 
mariemellett1 4 Dec 2010 9:31PM GMT 
nbarber32 4 Dec 2010 11:37PM GMT 
siob25 21 Mar 2011 12:01AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions