Search for content in message boards

COEN yDNA Testing

Replies: 4

Re: COEN yDNA Testing

Posted: 19 Sep 2012 7:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you James...not sure what happened or what I did with a reply from you. Good luck on finding info on those 109 great grandkids, whew, that should keep you busy for a year or so.

I will have to crack through the brick wall on my COIN / COEN's ancestral line in order to know if my line connects to yours. As more and more archives are added online, and more researchers create trees, something may turn up.

My favorite method working on a brick wall is to 'go in the back door' so to speak, by being sure I've followed the female and male marriages of children on back ...and that sometimes leads to a Tree and research (Ancestry.com 'hints') on a branch that (sometimes) leads back to a common line of mine. Sometimes those branches are hard to find just by following your own direct line.

If you and your wife have ancestors that were in MO, AR and TN you may find the same situation my spouse and I have, in that we have common cousin matches. I know that in the end we all are cousins, but in our case ...and no doubt the same with other couples...the families migrating together or along similar routes really mixed it up and have created closer cousin kinships than I would have expected for me and my spouse.

Back to work....I'm betting our COEN line has a connection, but it may be hard to find.

Thanks again...Audrey
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MadilynCoenCr... 22 Jul 2010 4:31PM GMT 
coebro 14 Aug 2011 12:50PM GMT 
AWStanaland 18 Sep 2012 5:26PM GMT 
jamescoen 19 Sep 2012 11:05PM GMT 
AWStanaland 20 Sep 2012 1:33AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions