Search for content in message boards

Coffee, James, William, Ambrose, Kentucky

Replies: 16

Re: Coffee/McGuire

Posted: 16 Nov 2004 1:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Coffee, Crouch, Williams, Ashcroft, Hall
Hi dee, I am also of many of the family names you mentioned from Morgan County, Kentucky. I am not a descendant of Ambrose Coffee but I am looking closely at him because I think there is a close connection between him and my ancestress Violet Crouch that married Daniel Williams. In 1795, Clark Co., Kentucky, Daniel Williams and wife Violet sold land that was part of his father EDWARD Williams pre-emption. In the 1787 Fayette County, Kentucky tithable list is Ambrose Coffee shown with an additional tithable named Francis Crouch. Francis Crouch is probably the Francis Crouch that married Hannah Hatton and/or Jenny Sparks later in Clark County, which would place him about the age of 1765. According to Ancestry.com Ambrose Coffee's wife was named Ailsey last name unknown ( but I don't know the documentation for this.) Also in 1787 tithable list is a Js. Crouch as additional tithable for a R. Hall. A Francis Crouch is mentioned again in 1809 as the witness to the marriage of Elender Hall and Otho Ashcraft. Who are these other Crouches mentioned in Clark County? I think it is possible that Ambrose Coffee's wife Ailsey might be a Crouch. I am just speculating here, because there really is no concrete evidence to point to. I think there must have been a close connection between Ambrose Coffee and Daniel Williams for Daniel to sell the land that he and his father gained through so much hardship. I think the connection is through Violet. Is the Francis Crouch that was living with Ambrose Coffee related to Violet? Is it possible that Ailsey, Violet, Francis and Js. (James or Joseph ?) Crouch are brother and sister? Does anyone out there know the parents of Francis Crouch or Js. (James or Joseph) Crouch. Does anyone know anymore about Elender Hall and Otho Ashcroft? Any help appreciated in trying to figure this out.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
SPritchett61 21 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Lisa Owens 12 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT 
dee 5 Sep 2001 3:37AM GMT 
Barbara Sikora 11 Aug 2002 6:15PM GMT 
hillbillygene... 16 Nov 2004 8:33PM GMT 
Barbara Sikora 11 Aug 2002 6:17PM GMT 
Lisa Owens 12 Aug 2002 3:11PM GMT 
klcclinehan 5 Sep 2001 12:15PM GMT 
mkcooper14 28 Jan 2003 8:03AM GMT 
pcarr20 8 Mar 2002 3:24AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions