Search for content in message boards

Mary Katherine Josephine Coffee (Kelley)

Replies: 0

Mary Katherine Josephine Coffee (Kelley)

Posted: 13 Apr 2014 12:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kelley, Coffee, Thompson
I'm trying once again to track down more on her. she would be my great great grandmother. Ancestry.com trees have her commonly listed as the daughter of Nelson or Thomas Nelson coffee, but the catch there is he was born in 1849 and she was born around 1857, making him 8 years old at the time, just a bit young even then to be fathering children.

Some of the other information about TN Coffee does seem to match, having a daughter named Maude which is mentioned in our family history.

She married William Kelley in Red River, TX in 1871. William died later while breaking a horse (it broke him, as it were) though we don't know exactly when. The last of their children James Newt Kelley was born in 1879 so it would have to have been somewhere around or after then.

Evidently they also called her Molly.

Later she married a man named Thompson, divorced him, and then married an Idleman, unsure of the spelling. So far I've not been able to track her after the 1880 census so that's a bit frustrating. No idea when she died, we figure she was alive around the 1930's as my great aunt mentions talking to her.

As seems all to often, once I became interested in genealogy, everyone who knew something was passed on and no one really seems to keep records.

Find a board about a specific topic