Search for content in message boards

Should We Republish the Cogdill Book by Erma Carmichael

Replies: 11

Should We Republish the Cogdill Book by Erma Carmichael

Posted: 16 Jun 2003 12:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Aug 2003 6:51PM GMT
The book "A History of Cook - Cogdill - Taylor and Allied Families" was published in 1984. It was compiled by my mother, Erma V. (Cogdill) Carmichael. She passed away in December of 2002, and I became interested in looking through her book.

I am trying to determine whether or not there is suffecient interest in having this book republished. After reading in execss of 100 webb site messages and finding that the answer to many of the questions asked are covered in this book, it seems like it would be a worthwhile endeavor.

If you are interested, send me a direct email with a guess as to how many copies you would be interested in. I will add you to the emailing list and endeavor to keep you updated on how the effort is progressing. Once we hit a threshhold of interest where it would be feasible to publish the book, I will work with the publisher to determine the time frame for moving forward.

It has been a amazing experience to work through the many questions and put together answers for a few people. Trying to do it for everyone by yourself is almost impossible. It has made me appreciate the effort that my mother put into compiling this overwhelming amount of data.

I will endeavor to answer any straight forward direct questions you might have. The book took over 12 years of research, correspondance, and travel on an almost daily basis. The answer to most questions just takes time to work through all the information. It is not like there was only one James, John, Lenard, William, Isaac, Alvin, Calvin,....etc.....Cogdill over the last 400 years.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ice1wolf1 16 Jun 2003 6:46PM GMT 
dana_paish 30 Jun 2003 5:55AM GMT 
Kathi Burke 30 Apr 2004 1:53PM GMT 
SueClapper 4 Aug 2004 7:26PM GMT 
Pat 5 Aug 2004 12:26AM GMT 
DianeRogers59... 13 Apr 2010 11:47PM GMT 
Budgett 21 Feb 2011 2:04AM GMT 
thomasprice3 21 Feb 2011 4:50AM GMT 
William Cogdi... 22 Feb 2011 2:12PM GMT 
Budgett 22 Feb 2011 5:32PM GMT 
per page