Search for content in message boards

codill family

Replies: 8

Re: cogdill family

Posted: 29 May 2010 7:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cogdill
Thank you for the interesting note, Samantha. I believe your father is my second cousin. That your great grandfather James H. Cogdill and my grandfather Arthur, were brothers.

It isn't often that I get someone of your age inquiring about family history and it is quite delightful. I have much information to share, if you are interested. This information will take your ancestors back to England to the 1700's, however more immediately, your forefathers fought in the American Revolutionary War, the American Civil War and all/most major wars since. It is quite the American history journey.

On a separate note, I laughed when I received your email because I have two nieces named Brittany and Samantha from my younger brother. I think it's cute that they have identical namesakes that are cousins. Ironically, I have a nephew by my older brother who's name is Shawn (not Sean).

I am showing your family is from Tawippity, Missouri (Harold). You may know that there are about 100 of your cousins in Southern Illinois, Missouri, Arkansas and Kentucky. Over time, I'll identify them for you.

To contact me directly, you can send emails to bill@wscogdill.com which is my personal website.

In closing, I'd like to say thanks for reaching out.
It is good to meet you. I am sure you will get many stories to tell your father and family about.

Best regards,
Bill Cogdill
Chicago
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
hpyjack1 31 Oct 2007 7:04PM GMT 
parishparrish... 12 Nov 2007 1:19AM GMT 
hpyjack1 23 Nov 2007 12:48AM GMT 
sugartaylor_2 23 Mar 2008 11:35PM GMT 
sugartaylor_2 3 Nov 2008 12:10AM GMT 
ice1wolf1 22 Nov 2007 4:23PM GMT 
hpyjack1 23 Nov 2007 12:51AM GMT 
reba4you 27 May 2010 3:17PM GMT 
William Cogdi... 29 May 2010 1:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions