Search for content in message boards

Are there any Cohens on this thread who live in or near Oakland, CA

Replies: 0

Are there any Cohens on this thread who live in or near Oakland, CA

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 5:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cohen
Hi,
If anyone can help me with this query, please email me directly at francescacumero@yahoo.com. This is my aunt's account and she allows me to use it for my research.
I'm trying to get an obituary from the Oakland Public Library for a WWII veteran named Arthur Cohen who died in Oakland on July 6, 1972. He is buried in Mountain View Cemetery in Oakland, CA. Here is his find a grave index: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Co...;. If he turns out to be the veteran I am looking for, (his CA Death index indicated that he was born in RI, so I'm pretty sure he's the man I'm seeking) born in Rhode Island in 1913 according to his enlistment record, then his WWII dog tag was found on a beach near Nice, France. I'm helping the person who found it to return it, free of charge, to his family. I'd like to try to get him family contact information so he can send it back to Arthur Cohen's family in time for the holidays and the library won't help me unless I mail in a request. If there is anyone on this list who can help with this request, that would be wonderful. Or perhaps you recognize the name or can put me in contact with the family? Sincerely,

Francesca Cumero
Angelo's Angels WWII Dog Tag Return Project
www.ww2tags.org

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions