Search for content in message boards

Coles in Branch County, Michigan

Replies: 7

Re: job cole George

Posted: 9 Mar 2013 8:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cole
I too am trying to make a connection between these two. George is my 4x great grandfather. Lived in Mentz, Cayuga, NY and there is a Job Cole there too. Im thinking same family. I have looked at Parker Cole as the father, but no verifiable record indicating that yet. When I checked with the historical society, they have a Cole file, but it only has the census records that I already have. If they owned property, Im thinking that's a good link to see who they sold it too. George and family moved to Michigan in 1850s somewhere. Hes in 1860 census in Ovid township, Clinton County, MI. The older boys Watson and Jonathan as well as another John Cole served in the Civil war. Watson was a member of the GAR in Kansas.

George H is George Ws son. He died in a buggy accident. Watson moved with his family to Kansas. My 3x great Grandfather Alfonzo married, had a child and died in pretty short order in 1864. Hes buried in the Lockwood Cemetery. His son Lewis is there as well and my Great Grandfather, Harry too. Jonathan lost his wife early, leaving him with 4 young daughters. I cant see any indication that he remarried. The youngest went to live with another family member after Mom died (Sarah Kittredge Cole) Jonathan died under John B Cole in late 1890s as well. The girls in the family, Frances married several times, Delia Im having trouble with. The youngest married a Gallop (Gallup) and Adelaide is mentioned in the Branch County historical book with the sketches of prominent men mentioning George H. I have lots of other info on the rest of the family if I can help, it would be great if you would keep me in on the loop if you find something on this family. I will do the same.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
brnttanttr 11 Jun 2000 2:43PM GMT 
PHerr49017 18 Jun 2000 4:56PM GMT 
brnttanttr 21 Jun 2000 7:25AM GMT 
brnttanttr 2 Jul 2000 9:28AM GMT 
brnttanttr 2 Jul 2000 9:32AM GMT 
PHerr49017 2 Jul 2000 3:07PM GMT 
DChestelson 9 Mar 2013 3:09PM GMT 
DChestelson 21 Mar 2013 5:11PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions