Search for content in message boards

La Vern Cole 1907

Replies: 2

Re: La Vern Cole 1907

Posted: 28 Aug 2013 2:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
I had all the following information typed in yesterday then hit a wrong key and lost it all so I'm going to try one more time.

Cole Family John, father of Levern; James Edward known as Ed; Viola Myrtle and Hattie Belle. From limited information I have the family lived in Equinunk, Wayne County, PA ehich is located on the State Line with New York on Rt 191. They also lived and or worked in Long Eddy, N.Y South of Hancock on Rt 97, again righ on the state line.

I know nothing about John, to my knowledge I never met him.

James Edward (we always knew him as Uncle Ed) married Julia do not know her maiden name. They had no natural born childred. After years of marriage they adoped a son, named him John, I assume after Eds brother. They lived in Scranton, Pa for as long as I knew. Ed worked in the coal mines all of his later yars of life, I do not have a date of death but we have lived in Quakertown area since 1973 and he passed several yars after we moved up here. I've lost tract of his son John after he graduated from Scranton High School.

Viola Myrtle born 7-4-1891 passed 1967. Married a man with last name of Baker, do not know his first name. They had 2 sons George who lived in Norwich all his life, sold insurance. I believe he had 2 daughters but I don't know their names. His wifes name was Polly. I don't have any information on her. Viola remarried Jess Conklin had 1 son Charles he served in the armed forces for 20+/- years was married and divorced then moved to Florida with his 2nd wife who was named Denise. They had 1 dauther, do no know her name. I believe Charles went to Florida State and his daughter went to the University of Florida. Charle passed in 1970.

Hattie Belle married Louis Gaouette, had no natural born children. They raised my oldr sister June and myself (Gail). I was 13 years old before I was tole that June and I were not the born childred of Hattie and Louis. June married young and had 2 childred Linda and George Roberts. She took Linda and moved back to the Norwich area, left George with Hattie and Louis who later adopted him when he was 10-12 years old. Hattie pa2-10-1981 she was born 8-2-1898. Louis passed 1972.

I do not know anything about Agatha Joyce Conklin, she must have been related to Viola's 2nd husband Jess's side of the family. Possibly a sister in law but do not know if he had a brother.

I met your father LaVern Cole who lived at that time in North Creed, NY. We visited one time (my husband and I). He had 3 or 4 son's and one daughter Helen LaParrie,(which may be you). I understand that after years of working in the granet mines he moved down closer to South Plymouth, N.Y. but do not now exactly where.

I don't know if any of this will help you but its all I can give you. Being raised by Hattie I thought my Grandmother (Viola) was my Aunt and my brothers and siters were my cousins, so I have a real hard time figuring out who my relative are.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Helen Sweet 10 Jun 2001 11:56AM GMT 
Gail Gaouette... 27 Aug 2013 8:33PM GMT 
Gail Gaouette... 28 Aug 2013 8:58PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic