Replies: 1
Posted: 9 Jan 1999 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Mar 2002 6:39PM GMT
Surnames: COLE

Subj: COLE Genealogy
Date: Saturday, January 9, 1999 4:36:13 PM
To: cmcole@mcadams.org

I believe that my COLE line may be related to your Daniel COLE Sr. My line migrated from NC>SC>GA>AL>TX. Below is key data for my family. In your data on Daniel, Sr. you have a Mourning COLE, William COLE, and a Thomas COLE listed as related to Daniel, Sr. I have long suspected that my 4GGrandfather Thomas COLE might be the brother of Daniel, Sr. Your data is the first to provide a solid clue that this may be true. I would appreciate any data that would prove this connection.

Jerry G. Cole

Descendants of Thomas Cole

Generation No. 1

1. THOMAS1 (?, alternate name could be William or John) COLE was born Abt 1755(?).

Child of Thomas Cole is:
2. i. JOHN2 COLE, b. Apr 18, 1774(?), North Carolina (Probable); d. 1834 (Confirmed), Sumpter Dist., South Carolina (confirmed).

Generation No. 2

2. JOHN2 COLE (THOMAS1) was born Apr 18, 1774 (?) in North Carolina(?), and died 1834 in Sumpter Dist., South Carolina. He married ACHSAH (Also seen as Axsah, Axsha, Ashsah, Achsha) NEWMAN Abt 1790(?).

Notes
Listed in Sumpter Co probate records. #25/8. Wife Achsah [spelling used in will] and son John Jr. applied for letters of administration. James R Law and others was shown as guardian for John COLE's daughter, Elizabeth, who married Willis Beckwith.
Most of the family information for John was taken from a Diary kept by Nickolas David COLE and passed down to his grandson Earl Napolean COLE.
The dairy stated that the COLEs came from Ireland.

Children of John COLE and Ashsah NEWMAN are:

i. WILLIAM3 COLE, b. Oct 10, 1791; m. MOURNING.
3. ii. JOHN COLE, b. Oct 11, 1797 (Alternate source 1794), Sumpter Co, South Carolina.

iii. THOMAS COLE, b. Mar 18, 1799, Sumpter Dist., South Carolina.
4. iv. ELIZABETH COLE, b. Sep 21, 1801, Sumpter Dist., South Carolina; d. Abt 1834, Sumpter Dist., South Carolina.

v. NANCY COLE, b. Aug 17, 1804, Sumpter Co, South Carolina.
5. vi. NOEL COLE, b. Oct 19, 1806, Near Bishopville, Sumter Co, South Carolina; d. Jul 17, 1890, Near Ben Wheeler, Van Zandt Co, Texas.

vii. SARAH COLE, b. Aug 09, 1808, Sumpter Co, South Carolina.

viii. DANIEL COLE, b. Feb 10, 1810, Sumpter Co, South Carolina.

ix. HARRIET COLE, b. Sep 26, 1812, Sumpter Co, South Carolina; m. WILLIAM HICKSON.
6. x. DAVID COLE, b. Oct 09, 1814, Sumpter Co, South Carolina; d. Probably Tennessee. [On our trip to SC we found a grave site in a very small cemetery (five graves) called Cole¹s Cemetery very near Lynche¹s Creek--nowLynche¹s River--just outside Lynchburg, SC. One of the tombstones for a David COLE listed with a birthdate of 1814. This property is located approximately where I believe John COLE¹s property was located on Lynches Creek.]

[Cynthia Snider¹s Book indicates another brother. Analysis of the birth years opens the possibilities of additional children]
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Charlie Cole 9 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT 
jcolegen3 9 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions