Search for content in message boards

William Cole - Chatham County, NC bef 1824

Replies: 14

Re: William Cole - Chatham County, NC bef 1824

Posted: 17 Mar 2005 9:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jun 2005 12:36PM GMT
Surnames: Cole, Owen Herndon, Page, Wyatt, Walker, Taylor, Phillips, Ditmore, Greene, Elster, Matteson, Burdick,LaFevers. Payne,
This is my Cole line, My gggrandmother is Mary H. Cole, Could her middle name be Herndon? or perhaps Hayward? She married my GGGrandfather Robert K. Walker as second wife and my families of Cole, Owen, Walker are shown as intermarried on several occosions. Too Complex to explain here. William Cole that married Elizabeth "Betty " Herndon is in my direct ancestral line. All my research shows William shown above as Samuel M. Cole. I have searched for years to extend this line above Samuel. Some records show wife as Kitty Miller but no confirmation on this. I believe ist is a fact that they moved to NC from Virginia and perhaps before that from Maryland? no proof here. I know that the Owen or Cole family, I have forgotten which one but this can be proved in Chatham Co. because I believe decendents are still in the pottery business. I seems that some of the Coles moved in Orange Co. NC. (Or co. lines changed and still lived in the same place) I am williing to share more and reiieve additional data from any researcher out there. I do know that Daniel Owen Sr and Elizabeth Cole were first cousins. This may raise more questions but I hope this will generate some action on these lines. Also there is inter-marriage between the lines of Wyatt, Page, Cole further up the line and it mae be that when we find out who Samuel Coles' parents are that we can have the rest of recorded cole lineage. WOW that would be great. I am a dilligent researcher. and will not give up on this. I am sure you know of the various variations in the Cole line such as Coal , Cosle, and many more . I hope this helps someone and that they let me know when they find out Vince Elster at elstervince@charter .com My phone is listed and if anyone calls me I can call they back on my toll free line
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Schroeder_Lor... 17 Mar 2013 6:41PM GMT 
VinceElster 17 Mar 2005 4:21PM GMT 
V_Elster 30 Jul 2006 1:27PM GMT 
andyandmeliss... 8 Jan 2013 1:38AM GMT 
andyandmeliss... 8 Jan 2013 1:39AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions