Search for content in message boards

Hannah Townsend and Barnabas Carver

Replies: 5

Re: Hannah Townsend and Barnabas Carver (and Stephen W.)

Roberta Cole Lader (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2003 12:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks, Michael. There is another notation, in Bowman's book on the Carver family, that a Ms. Emma Foster, in a handwritten note on the Gilead Cemetery burial register, states that Hannah Townsend was the wife of (Hosea) Barnabas Carver. She was a resident of the Town of Carmel, and, supposedly, old enough to have knowledge of these families. So, it would appear that there are at least two sources for this information.

I am sending to the Town of Carmel for a death certificate for Stephen W. Carver, my great-great grandfather, b. 1818, if one exists. I do not have a death date for him, but he was alive in 1886 and not on the 1900 census. Hopefully, his death will be recorded, and, perhaps, his parentage. He had a large number of children, but, relatively few descendants, so I don't know if any one else may have a death date for him, but, if anyone does, I'd be grateful for the knowledge! Two of his daughters are my great-grandmothers (my grandparents were first cousins).

I've contacted quite a few people who have confused Judge Barnabas Carver who married Sarah Cole with Timothy Carver's son Hosea Barnabas who married Hannah Townsend and Polly Pierce. Hopefully, the confusion will be straightened out in future family trees.

Thanks again--I really appreciate the response.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Roberta_Lader 29 Aug 2001 8:26PM GMT 
MiguelKelleyG 29 Jul 2003 3:35AM GMT 
Roberta Cole Lader 30 Jul 2003 6:53PM GMT 
MiguelKelleyG 30 Jul 2003 8:31PM GMT 
Roberta Cole Lader 31 Jul 2003 5:08PM GMT 
dnice823 2 Sep 2013 4:57AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic