Search for content in message boards

Coles History Website

Replies: 84

Coles History Website

William Long (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 2002 11:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cole, Pearson
This message is sent on behalf of those who are running into a brick wall searching the Cole surname and are open to the idea that the surname they should be searching is actually Coles with an "s." It appears that a few descendants I have been suspecting dropped the "s," and another common error is with the recordtaker dropping the "s" on census records and all sorts of official records.

I would like to let others know about the Coles History Website.

This site is devoted to studying the descendants of Daniel Coles who married Dinah Boone, first cousin of Daniel "Frontiersman" Boone. This site mainly concentrates on descendants of Solomon Coles Jr., and his wife Elizabeth of Belmont/Guernsey Co. Ohio 1805 and their descendants. We have traced over 1000 descendants of this couple and the list is growing. We are also tracing the Pearson ancestors of Solomon Coles, who's parents were Solomon Coles and Esther Pearson, daughter of Thomas Pearson and Elizabeth Morris, a descendant of Edward Peeresone.

On the site, we currently have 70 viewers so far and about 40 active members. We currently have 22 pages of photographs, mostly from before 1930, and many from the 1800s on the various family lines.

Migration from Chester Co. and Berks Co. Pennsylvania, to Catawissa, Northumberland Co. Pennsylvania, to Belmont/Guersey Co. Ohio (Quaker City) then onto various counties in Ohio, including Jackson Co., Noble Co., etc. Warren Co., Iowa, Bartholomew Co., Indiana, and various counties in Missouri, Iowa; Nebraska, Kansas, Illinois, Oklahoma; and finally to all the western states and Florida as far as we know.

Descendant lines of Solomon and Elizabeth Coles include, but are not limited to: Galloway (descendants of Enoch Galloway and Ester Coles); Hayes; Lowe; Anderson; Dixon; Weber; Doherty; Rogers; Nyswonger; Matson; Love; Guffey; Bishop; Stultz; Snyder; Hall; Garbison; Vertsteeg; Dunn; Brebner; Biles; Gillis; Roberts; Crabtree; Marler; Huff; Byman; Wolverton; Smith; Bless; Guthrie, Steinbarger; Adams; Gruber; Knapp; Harter; Boston; Malson; Carpenter; Simington; Thurston; Atwood; Horr; Freel; Roe; Whitley; Curnes; Neer; Gillett; Beach; Hastie; Herron; Jackson; Overton; Ganoe; Weddle; Barker; Holmes; Michalak; and Sills. Please send me an inquiry to see if an ancestor by the above last name is listed.

Once we suspect a connection, I can send you an invitation to the Coles History website.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
William Long 12 May 2002 5:07PM GMT 
Wanda 14 May 2002 4:36AM GMT 
William Long 14 May 2002 5:39AM GMT 
Wanda 14 May 2002 12:31PM GMT 
annieletterma... 14 May 2002 4:40AM GMT 
William Long 14 May 2002 5:25AM GMT 
swtblueeyes13... 17 May 2002 4:38AM GMT 
S 2 Nov 2002 10:50PM GMT 
CynthiaAnders... 18 May 2002 11:43PM GMT 
William Long 19 May 2002 12:33AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions