Search for content in message boards

Coles of colonial Hartford connected to Coles of Plymouth?? evidence presented

Replies: 4

Re: Coles of colonial Hartford connected to Coles of Plymouth?? evidence presented

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 9:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
i am descendedent of james cole hartford conn. born essex england 1590. had son john ,son of ist wife francais married before 1621. 2nd wife demaris seabrook, married bishopsgate london 1623, died young, 3rd wife ann edwards married 1625,accompanied james to colonies 1633 in wynthrup fleet as part of Hookers group to colonize conn. per funding by mass. bay company). i believe they landed somewhere near plymuth and struck out for conn. the following year . there is a painting of this by one of the hudson valley painters. his name escapes me at present.it portrays the hookers group striking out in the wilderness for conn. area. james cole of conn. not the same as james cole of plymuth the inkeeper. however , they could be connected back in england. my information comes mainly from family geneology traced by my gr grandfater in 1890,s. i would be much interested to find evidence of james coles ancesters in england. is there a connection from london to devon? thanks jerane cole mckinstry
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Steven Bird 29 Jun 2005 1:18PM GMT 
Pamela Thomps... 2 Jul 2005 5:47AM GMT 
Steven Bird 2 Jul 2005 2:00PM GMT 
Pamela Thomps... 20 Jul 2005 1:50PM GMT 
rainymac11 9 Dec 2012 4:44PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions