Replies: 20

Re: Cole Cornell Rogers

Posted: 26 Dec 2006 1:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Descendants of Unk COLE

Generation No. 1

1. UNK1 COLE He married UNK.

Notes for UNK COLE:
Per family history written and told on the Elizabeth Kelloggvideo, The Cole family has a couple versions of what happened.Version 1 is that the family was on a wagon train heading West.The wagon train was attacked by Indians, the parents killed andthe children divided up and taken in by different families. Thisis how they ended up in different states, and had no knowledgeof where they were born nor of who their parents were.Version 2 is that one of the parents was American Indian andobviously the other White (supposedly Father was Indian) andbecause there existed little tolerance at the time for amarriage as such, the parents were killed and the childrendivided up.Version 3 is a mixture of the two previous that the parents wereon the wagon train and as it was attacked the parents (one ofwhich was an American Indian), were taken away and or killed,the children then divided up and taken in by different families.Two of the children never left any mention of where they wereborn (Alexander, & Geo. W.) I have checked the census recordsfor both and their children and at different times they each andtheir children (listing parents bplace) listed birthplace as PAOH NY. I have the military records for Geo W. Cole and noBPlace. I need to find yet Rhoda who was a deaf Mute and Marywho we believe from handwritten history married a 'DIVINE' andMahala and Leonard.I also can check for Cole families with the childrens names asthe parents and I can search for indian attacks that took placeduring that time period ________ the children must have beenvery young not to have even remembered where they came from.They did however remember each other, probably through the helpof the families that took them in.It is documented in a book By Elizabeth Rogers Kellogg how theywere reunited by a Indiana Cousin who advertised in a paper forthe MI cousins and a neighbor saw the add and took it to thefamily.

More About UNK COLE:
Record Change: 05 Jun 2006

More About UNK:
Record Change: 14 Feb 2005

Children of UNK COLE and UNK are:
i. MAHALA2 COLE.

Notes for MAHALA COLE:
1860 Census Carter County TN. has a Mahala Cole Living with aJames & Leticia Vaughn she is 27 yrs.

More About MAHALA COLE:

ii. MARY COLE.

Notes for MARY COLE:
Mary supposedly married a 'Devine'

More About MARY COLE:
Record Change: 20 Jan 2004

iii. RHODA COLE.

Notes for RHODA COLE:
Rhoda was supposedly a deaf mute

More About RHODA COLE:

2. iv. ALEXANDER VAN RENSALAER COLE, b. 05 Sep 1821, NY 1821; d. 26 Mar 1864.
3. v. GEORGE WASHINGTON COLE, b. 06 Mar 1827, PA, OH, NY; d. 16 May 1863.
4. vi. LEONARD COLE.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mkomora 26 Dec 2006 8:40PM GMT 
mkomora 26 Dec 2006 8:40PM GMT 
mkomora 26 Dec 2006 8:41PM GMT 
mkomora 26 Dec 2006 8:42PM GMT 
mkomora 26 Dec 2006 8:43PM GMT 
mkomora 26 Dec 2006 8:43PM GMT 
mkomora 26 Dec 2006 8:44PM GMT 
mkomora 26 Dec 2006 8:45PM GMT 
mkomora 26 Dec 2006 8:46PM GMT 
mkomora 26 Dec 2006 8:47PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions