Search for content in message boards

Rosa Fletcher, and Leck Cole

Replies: 2

Rosa Fletcher, and Leck Cole

Posted: 30 Jun 2013 7:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cole Fletcher
Here is what I know about these two individuals: Rosa Fletcher d/o George Washington Fletcher and Margaret Jane Cole. She was born April 1893/4 married Adam G Cole on 1st July 1910. She was said to also have married Sam Cole in 1907 having two children from that marriage Daisy and Isom. In her 2nd marriage she had Leck Cole b 1911/2 d ??; Versa Cole b 1915 d 1991. Sometime shortly after having Versa Rosa dumped both children off with their grandfather Valentine "Tiney" Cole and Sarah his wife. She disappeared after that and the family does not know whatever happened to her.

Leck Cole b 1911/2 last noted record for him was a 1920 Census where he and his sister are living in the household with Valentine Cole. It was said that when he turned 15 he left home and was never heard of again. It was also said that he was killed jumping trains, do not know where or how old if this is true. I found a 1940 census with a Leck Cole in Lexington, Ky as a lodger in the Planck household. I also found a record showing a Leck Cole having married a Lula Collins. I do not know if these records are about the Leck Cole I am searching for I am hoping someone out there can help me with this. Leck's parents are Adam G Cole and Rosa Fletcher.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
michellecente... 1 Jul 2013 1:31AM GMT 
nanablue2007 6 Jul 2013 2:46PM GMT 
michellecente... 6 Jul 2013 6:11PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions