Search for content in message boards

Daniel Mansfield Cole of Ashford, Cattaraugus, NY 1794 - 1880

Replies: 2

Daniel Mansfield Cole of Ashford, Cattaraugus, NY 1794 - 1880

Posted: 26 Oct 2013 8:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cole, Mansfield
I am looking to contact living males with the Cole surname who descend from Daniel Mansfield Cole. His sons were:
Aljaman Alonzo Cole, b. 1817 & practiced medicine in Marion, Waushara, WI; Edwin F. Cole b.1819 & lived in Rosendale, Fon du Lac, WI; Seymore Cole, b.1821, blacksmith, lived in Solon, McHenry, IL and later in Hayti, Hamlin, SD; Alvin T. Cole, b. 1823, lawyer and Baptist Minister in Waverly, Bremer, IA; Vernon Cole, b.1825, carpenter/farmer, Waushara and Oconto Counties, WI; Cheselton Cole, b. 1829, famer & carpenter lived in Edgerton, Kent, MI; Byron Cole b. 1831, lived in Marion, Waushara, WI; Ozro Cole, b.1835, farmer in Ashford, Cattaraugas, NY
The reason for this query is that Byron Cole mentioned above is buried immediately adjacent to my 3rd great grandfather, Ezra Cole, in Marion Cemetery, Waushara County, Wisconsin. I have obtained a 37 marker yDNA result showing that of all Cole men in the world who have to date been tested, not one is a match to me.
In his book published in 1887 entitled "The Early Geneologies [sic] of the Cole Families in America", Frank T. Cole states that Daniel Mansfield Cole is of the Salem Branch of the Cole Family but nobody from that branch has ever been tested to establish a benchmark.
Could someone step forward and be the first? It is relatively inexpensive and totally confidential.
View the Family Tree DNA website.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
vegcousin 26 Oct 2013 2:11PM GMT 
jshfarkas 9 Jul 2014 5:11AM GMT 
vegcousin 20 Jul 2014 8:15PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions