Search for content in message boards

Cornelius Cole of Mifflin, Lycoming, PA

Replies: 0

Cornelius Cole of Mifflin, Lycoming, PA

Posted: 20 Mar 2014 9:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cole, Herritt, Tomb
I am looking for some information on two Cornelius Cole. While printing up census for my Tomb and Campbell families I came across a 1790 and 1800 census that list a Cornelius Cole born 1759. One Of my greats is Cornelius Cole Born 1795 and he lived in Lycoming. I have John Cole and Elizabeth English listed as his parents but a book written by Helen Herritt says there is nothing to really connect him with the other Coles of Lycoming co. The earliest census I have on my Cornelius is 1840 living in Lycoming when he was 45 yrs old. He was married to Jane Tomb. His daughter Effie who married Samuel Herritt (my line) says she was born in PA. I also found a document for the appointment of US postmasters listing Cornelius H. Cole of Pine Creek in 1851. For some reason I can't remember why, I have my Cornelius as Cornelius G. Since this is often from misreading a transcript I assumed this is my Cornelius since he lived in Brown, Lycoming in 1860 but then again in he was living in Delmar, Tioga Co. in 1850. Does anyone know anything about the Cornelius Cole living in Mifflin in 1790 and 1800.? Or if he is the Post Master in 1852? All I know is his age and he was a farmer. Also if he could be the father of my Cornelius instead of John? Any help would be appreciated.
Christine

Find a board about a specific topic