Need help finding connection to his father and mother.
Frederick Cole, was born 22 May 1835 in Howard, Steuben County, New York, and who married Elsie Jane Parker (born, 16 Nov 1833, South Dumfries, Township, Brant County, Ontario, Canada – died 9 May 1911, Grand Rapids, Kent County, Michigan), she is the daughter of Daniel Parker and Betsy Jane MNU. They were married on 13 Mar 1864 in Amsden, Montcalm County, Michigan. They were married at the house of John Fox by J.P Shoemaker, J.P., the witnesses were Charles Parker and John Fox. Frederick Cole served during the Civil War with the Sappers and Miners, Company K, 59th Illinois Infantry Regiment. Frederick Cole died on 3 Aug 1912 in Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo County, Michigan. In Solomon Cole’s 1840 census Frederick Cole could be the one male under 5 years old.
1. Frederick’s death certificate only states Solomon Cole as his father, no mother is mentioned. Cannot state without a doubt (no documentation) that he is a son of this Solomon whose wife is Laura Rathbun.
2. When the family in Michigan was noted in the 1850 Federal Census the “Widow” Cole had Bertha, Benjamin, Amos, James, Daniel, Lavina, and Mortermer noted. Why only Frederick is missing?
3. In the 1850 Federal Census, Frederick is living in Hornellsville, Steuben County, New York with William D. Burdick and family as a carpenter apprentice.
4. Why does Benjamin go back to Hornellsville, Steuben County, New York to get his second and third wife? Very curious is it not!
5. Benjamin, Daniel, James, and Frederick all served during the Civil War; I have Frederick’s pension application and he only mentions his sister Elizabeth.