Search for content in message boards

Collins family in Virginia, West Virginia, and Ohio

Replies: 0

Collins family in Virginia, West Virginia, and Ohio

Posted: 18 May 2009 4:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Collins, Sims
I looking for any information on two John Collins', father and son and their families. First we have John Collins born Jan 3. 1835 in Washington County, Ohio to a John R. and Elizabeth (unknown surname) Collins. John Jr. is my great grandfather and he married Lydia Martha Bumgarner in Wirt County, West Virginia Oct. 7 1855. It was posted that he died August 21, 1865 but Lydia Martha had three more Collins children who were born post 1865. John Jr. and Lydia's children were Alice Collins, 1855-?, Samuel Collins, 1857-?, Jane Collins, 1859-?, Harrison "Lee" Collins, (my great grandfather), 1861-1865 (in question about), Jacob A "Jake" Collins, 1861-?, Captola Collins, 1865-?, Flora Collins, 1869-?, Daisy Collins, 1872-?, and Dolly Collins, 1877-?. I believe John Jr. was in the civil war but not sure about the specifics. (Their son Harrison "Lee" married my great grandmother, Loella "Ellie" Lovernia Sims on Aug 9, 1993 and they lived at Buffalo Ridge, Wirt County, WV. They ran a general store and Mipp Post Office at Buffalo and had eight children.)
John Collins Sr. was born in Virgina abt 1800. He married Elizabeth (unknown) and later moved to Morgan County, Ohio where they had eight children, Rufus, Sarah, Nancy, John Jr, Ellen, Elijah, Eliza, and Mary J. According to cemsus records, they moved to Vernon County, Wisconsin between 1860 and 1870 as did one of their children. I have no clue who John Sr or Elizabeth's parents were or what their birthdates or death dates were. If anyone has any knowledge of this family, I would greatly appreciate ANY help. I also would love to know the trie date and place of death for my great grandfather, John Jr. I thank you in advance. Sandy (Hupp) Vincent slv53@hotmail.com

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions