Search for content in message boards

Conrad's of Fairfield county, Ohio

Replies: 1

Conrad's of Fairfield county, Ohio

Posted: 19 Oct 2002 1:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Jun 2006 12:21PM GMT
Surnames: Conrad, Sunday, Hillyard, Valentine, Rhoads, Jackson, Grandstaff, Heckerman, Doner, Stump, Winstead, Dillsaver, Smith, Vanhise, Fosnaught, Fausnaught, Fausnaugh, Lape, Stepleton, Hoak, Heckman, Folk, Shupe, Mohn, Wolshire, Peters, Oberdorfer
I am not related to the Conrad's and have no further info than what is shown here.

Please excuse the all caps. The man who asked me for some information requested I write him with all caps as he has a vision problem. The following are just cut and pasted from the messages I sent him. I thought I might as well post it here for anyone looking for Conrad info in this county.

I HAVE DONE SOME HURRIED RESEARCH JUST NOW ON YOUR JOHN CONRAD.

JOHN AND MALINDA ARE BURIED IN AMANDA TOWNSHIP CEMETERY, AMANDA TOWNSHIP, FAIRFIELD COUNTY, OHIO.

JOHN CONRAD, FATHER, 1841-1917
MALINDA, MOTHER, 1850-1930

BURIED NEAR THEM ARE
ANDREW CONRAD B NOV 21 1853, DIED AUG. 3 1917
ELLA C. HILLYARD, WIFE OF ANDREW, BORN JAN. 12, 1857, DIED MAR. 15, 1909

CONRAD, KITTY - WIFE OF J.E., BORN NOV. 18, 1876, DIED AUG. 15, 1907.
---
HERE ARE SOME ABSTRACTS I FOUND REGARDING CONRADS. ALL THE INFORMATION I HAVE IS EXACTLY WHAT I TYPE. THESE ARE ABSTRACTS THAT APPEARED IN A LANCASTER, OHIO, NEWSPAPER, AND THE DATE YOU SEE WILL BE THE DATE OF PUBLICATION

OCT 3 1885 - AN INFANT CHILD OF EPHRAIM CONRAD DIED SEPTEMBER 25TH IN AMANDA TWP.

AUG 25, 1886 - THE INFANT OF MARTIN CONRAD ALSO DIED.

MARCH 17, 1888 - FRANKLIN CONRAD ASKED FOR A DIVORCE FROM LENA CONRAD

MAY 12, 1888 - FRANKLIN CONRAD WAS GRANTED A DIVORCE FROM LENA CONRAD

JUN 9, 1888 - RECENT DEATHS IN CLEARCREEK TOWNSHIP INCLUDED GEORGE VALENTINE, AGED 74 YEARS, AND HIRAM CONRAD, AGED 55 YEARS. MARY, WIFE OF NOAH VALENTINE, DIED AT AGE 79 YEARS AND 6 MONTHS. SHE WAS THE MOTHER OF 16 CHILDREN, HAD 88 GRANDCHILDREN, AND 47 GREAT GRANDCHILDREN. SURVIVED BY 2 BROTHERS, HENRY AND DANIEL CONRAD. HER FATHER, DANIEL CONRAD, EMIGRATED FROM WASHINGTON COUNTY, MARYLAND, IN 1805.

JULY 7, 1888 - FRANKLIN CONRAD OF NEAR SUGAR GROVE AND LIZZIE, DAUGHTER OF CORNELIUS RHOADS, WERE MARRIED JULY 1ST IN LANCASTER.

THE ABOVE ALL COME FROM "Genealogical Abstracts from The Lancaster (Ohio) Gazette, V3, 1885-1890", Fairfield County Gen., Society, July 1998.

---
THESE ARE FROM ANOTHER ABSTRACT BOOK. REMEMBER, THE FIRST DATE IS THE DATE OF PUBLICATION:

OCTOBER 20, 1848 - MARRIED ON OCTOBER 12TH, HENRY CONRAD AND MARGARET JACKSON

JUNE 17, 1858 - MARRIED ON JUNE 13TH NEAR AMANDA, HIRAM CONRAD AND MARY E. GRANDSTAFF

MARCH 17, 1859 - MARRIED ON MARCH 13TH, SAMUEL SMITH AND HESTER CONRAD

MARCH 24, 1859 - MARRIED ON MARCH 17TH IN AMANDA LUTHERAN PARSONAGE, JESSE CONRAD AND SARAH HECKERMAN.

MARCH 26, 1868 - MARRIED IN LANCASTER ON FEBRUARY 27TH, RICHARD CONRAD AND MARTH N. DONER.

DECEMBER 17, 1868 - MARRIED ON NOV. 24TH, GEORGE L. CAMPBELL OF PICKAWAY COUNTY AND SARAH A. CONRAD OF CLEARCREEK TOWNSHIP, FAIRFIELD COUNTY.

OCTOBER 5, 1871 - JOSEPH C. STUMP OF VAN WERT, OHIO, AND DOROTHY CONRAD OF FIARFIELD COUNTY WERE MARRIED OCTOBER 5TH.

THE ABOVE ALL COME FROM "Genealogical Abstracts from The Lancaster (Ohio) Gazette, V1, 1826-1873", Fairfield County Gen., Society, March 1998.

THE FOLLOWING ARE FROM "Partition Record Abstracts, V1, 1812-1851 Fairfield County, Ohio", Fairfield County Chapter OGS, 1987, P 44.

PAGE 397 - 1847 - GRIFFIN WINSTEAD DIED 1834. CHILDREN: WILLIAM WINSTEAD, JOHN WINSTEAD OF PRATT COUNTY, ILLINOIS; NANCY, WIFE OF JAMES VANHISE OF PICKAWAY COUNTY; SARAH, WIFE OF ADAM DILLSAVER OF ILLINOIS; FRANCIS, WIFE OF DANIEL CONRAD; JAMES WINSTEAD OF CRAWFORD COUNTY; MARY KISNER, WIDOW, OF PICKAWAY COUNTY; ELIZABETH, WIFE OF SIMON DILLSAVER OF ALLEN COUNTY; LUCINDA, WIFE OF WILLIAM SMITH OF DELAWAREY COUNTY.

PAGE 410 - 1847 - DANIEL CONRAD, DECEASED. HEIRS: DANIEL D. CONRAD; HENRY CONRAD; JOHN CONRAD; JACOB CONRAD; POLLY, WIFE OF NOAH VALENTINE; THE HEIRS OF ELIZABETH FOSNAUGHT, DECEASED, WHO WERE ELI FOSNAUGHT, ELIZA SMITH, WIDOW OF DELAWARE COUNTY, AMOS, NOAH, AND EZRA FOSNAUGHT, CAROLINE, WIFE OF MANUEL LAPE AND EDMUND FOSNAUGHT; CATHERINE, DECEASED WIFE OF JESSE STEPLETON, WHOSE HEIRS WERE LOVINIA, WIFE OF DANIEL HOAK, JONAS STEPLETON OF PICKAWAY COUNTY, ANDREW STEPLETON OF ALLEN COUNTY, NOAH STEPLETON, JULA ANN, WIFE OF HARRISON FAUSNAUGHT, SOPHIA STEPLETON, MELINDA STEPLETON, ANNY STEPLETON, AND LUCINDA STEPLETON.

MORE PARTITION RECORD ABSTRACTS, THIS TIME FROM: "Partition Record Abstracts, V2, 1851-1900 Fairfield County, Ohio", Fairfield County Chapter OGS, 1988.

PAGE 96 - 1865 - HECKMAN HEIRS: GEORGE HECKMAN; ELIZA HECKMAN; SARAH, WIFE OF JESSE CONRAD; NATHAN FOLK; MARY HECKMAN OF PICKAWAY COUNTY; LUCY SHARTLE OF PICKAWAY COUNTY; HETTIE, WIFE OF JAMES PORTER OF MCLEAN COUNTY, ILLINOIS.

PAGE 28, 1873 - CONRAD KRAFT, SR., DIED SEPT. 3, 1872. ONE OF THE HEIRS MENTIONED WAS ELIZABETH, WIFE OF LEMUEL CONRAD OF HOCKING COUNTY.

PAGE 118 - 1874, JOHN CONRAD DIED FEBRUARY 27, 1857. CATHARINE CONRAD WAS GIVEN A LIFE ESTATE. SHE DIED AUGUST 19, 1873. CHILDREN AND HEIRS: NICHOLAS CONRAD; ELI CONRAD; LUCINDA, WIFE OF JOHN FASNAUGH; MARGARET, WIFE OF SAMUEL FASNAUGH; HARRIED, WIFE OF AMOS FASNAUGH; ISAAC CONRAD; HIRAM CONRAD; LEONARD CONRAD OF ALLEN COUNTY; JESSE CONRAD WHO DIED JUNE 6, 1866, LEAVING WIDOW SARAH, WO MARRIED BENJAMIN HEIM OF PICKAWAY COUNTY; DOLLIE, DECEASED WIFE OF JOSEPH STUMP OF VAN WERT COUNTY; HEIRS OF ISRAEL CONRAD WHO DIED AROUND 1864, LEAVING ALSINA, JOHN, AMOS, MARGARET AND JEREMIAH CONRAD AND ELIZABETH CONRAD, HIS WIDOW, OF FAYETTE COUNTY, ILLINOIS.

PAGE 563 - 1880, JOHN J. SHUPE, DECEASED. CHILDREN: - ONE OF THEM MENTIONED WAS MARY, WIFE OF NICHOLAS CONRAD.

PAGE 1, 1882 - GEORGE CONRAD DIED BEFORE MAY 22, 1870. WIDOW WAS CATHERINE WHO DIED MAY 30, 1882. CHILDREN: SAMUEL CONRAD; MARY, WIFE OF DANIEL MOHN; MOLLY, WIFE OF DANIEL STOUT OF DELAWARE COUNTY; CATHERINE, WIFE OF JOSEPH BITLER; BARBARA BUMGARDNER OF ALLEN COUNTY; ESTHER, WIFE OF SAMUEL SMITH. SAMUEL CONRAD DIED BEFORE HIS FATHER'S DEATH LEAVING HEIRS, JOHN CONRAD OF PICKAWAY COUNTY, GEORGE CONRAD AND WILLIE CONRAD. MARY MOHN DIED NOV. 8, 1879 LEAVING CHILDREN: DAVID MOHN; CATHERINE, WIFE OF DAVID STEIN; JOHN MOHN; GEORGE MOHN; WILLIAM MOHN OF INDIANA; CALISTA MOHN; SARAH, WIFE OF DANIEL MOYER OF ALLEN COUNTY.

PAGE 214, 1893 - BARNEY FOSNAUGH, DECEASED. CHILDREN AND HEIRS: - ONE OF THEM LISTED WAS NANCY CONRAD AND HUSBAND, EZRA, OF FRANKLIN COUNTY.

THE FOLLOWING COME FROM THE LANCASTER NEWSPAPER ABSTRACTS - THESE ARE FROM: "Genealogical Abstracts from The Lancaster (Ohio) Gazette, V2, 1874-1884", Fairfield County Gen., Society, March 1998. REMEMBER THAT THE FIRST DATE IS THE DATE OF PUBLICATION OF NEWSPAPER.

JUNE 7, 1877 - BASTARDY SUITS: ROCELLAH CONRAD VS. JOSEPH H. WOLSHIRE.

NOVEMBER 8, 1877 - MARY ANN PETERS, WIFE OF MARTIN D. CONRAD AND DAUGHTER OF MARIAH PETERS, WAS BORN SEPTEMBER 19, 1852, AND DIED OCTOBER 30, 1877. HER FATHER DIED WHEN MARY ANN WAS ONLY 4 YEARS OLD. SHE MARRIED MARTIN CONRAD ON JUNE 17, 1869. SURVIVED BY HUSBAND, MOTHER, SON AND ONE SISTER. BURIED AT ENGLISH LUTHERAN CHURCH 2 1/2 MILES SOUTH OF AMANDA.

MARCH 28, 1878 - IN COMMON PLEAS COURT, ROCILLAH CONRAD NAMED JOSEPH H. WOLSHIRE AS THE FATHER OF HER CHILD.

NOVEMBER 6, 1879 - WILSON CONRAD AND KATE, DAUGHTER OF JOHN OBERDORFER, WERE MARRIED OCTOBER 30TH.

MARCH 2, 1882 - JESSE CONRAD DIED FEBRUARY 19TH IN STOUTSVILLE, AGED 20 YEARS, 3 MONTHS AND 9 DAYS.
---
BURIED IN LITHOPOLIS CEMETERY, LITHOPOLIS, BLOOM TWP., FAIRFIELD COUNTY, OHIO:

BESIDES NOBLE AND WIFE MARY (SUNDAY) CONRAD, THERE ARE ALSO THESE TWO:

SIMON P. CONRAD BORN FEB. 12, 1850, DIED APR. 11, 1928, AGED 78Y. BURIED 2ND ADDITION, PART 3, LOT 245, GRAVE 2.
NANCY A. CONRAD BORN 14 NOV 1853, DIEC OCT. 6, 1900, AGED 46Y. BURIED 2ND ADDITION, PART 3, LOT 24T, GRAVE 1.

THE ABOVE ARE FROM "Cemeteries of Bloom Twp., Fairfield Co., OH", Fairfield County Gen. Soc., Chapter OGS, 1996, p 185.

I WENT TO THE OHIO HISTORICAL SOCIETY'S ONLINE DEATH INDEX AT http://www.ohiohistory.org/dindex/search.cfm AND DIDN'T SEE A JOHN CONRAD WHO DIED IN FAIRFIELD COUNTY, BUT FOUND ONE WHO DIED IN ADJACENT PICKAWAY COUNTY OHIO ON MAY 12, 1917, V 2279, CERT. 35703.

I FOUND MALINDA'S DEATH IN SAME INDEX - LISTED AS MALINDA CONRAD, DIED IN FAIRFIELD COUNTY, OHIO, DEC. 17, 1930; V 6471, CERT. 71775. HOW TO ORDER DEATH CERTIFICATES IS LISTED ON THEIR WEBSITE AT http://www.ohiohistory.org/resource/archlib/refemail.html#de... .

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
shellyinoh 19 Oct 2002 7:58PM GMT 
viola_kramars... 20 Jan 2011 11:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions