I don't know if this helps much but my Corbin ancestry goes like this:
(9) great, John Corbin, Sr., b. circa 1650
(8) great, John Corbin, Jr., b. 1671, and Elizabeth Smith
(7) great, Rawley Corbin, b. 1692, wife unknown
(6) great, Thomas Corbin, b. 1714, and Elizabeth Scott, b. 1731
(5) great, Rawley Corbin, b. 1750, and Sarah Cross Kraus
(4) great Thomas Corbin, b. 1772, and Susanna H. Claybourn b. 1774
(3) great James Corbin, born 1793 and Sarah Hanna Bivens
My ancestral connection to James Corbin is through his son, George Washington Corbin born in 1838, who is the father of Daniel Boone Corbin born in 1857, who is the father of Clyde Corbin born in 1893, the father of my dad, Nathan Hubert Corbin born in 1919.
It appears that your William Corbin was the same age as James who was born in Tenn and died in Greene County, Indiana.