Search for content in message boards

Cornell Genealogy

Replies: 5

Cornell Genealogy

Posted: 22 Mar 2012 7:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Mar 2012 9:25PM GMT
Surnames: Cornell, Beront, Cornewall
One thing I have found about the Cornell gene is the tendancy toward twins, which usually appears every other generation. I belive this is sort of a marker in and of itself. My Father, Lloyd, was a twin of Floyd. Lloyd was first used in 1877. Floyd was first used in 1894. This is as far as I know. I am doing a study of the entire Cornell clan, male descendants with male offspring first, with an occasional sister thrown in to keep on track. Often siblings will marry into the same family. I use marriages with dates as confirmation. Each male descendant with male offspring has a 4" x 6" index card, all indexed by DOB. I also have a huge tree. With names spaced 1" apart, grouped into their families, one branch is at least 20' long. I have the work of Rev. John, Tom Cornell, John W. of Goshen, Rosemary Lawson Cornell, and the work of my brother David Cornell and our Mother, the recently departed Rosemary Elizabeth Bowyer Cornell Johnson. From the internet recently, through a lady by the name of Nancy Beront, I gained insight into our European Kin, back to Otis Cornewall 1409-1469. From the internet and history, I believe this means we descend from the Black Prince. Any input is welcome. If you believe I'm wrong about something, please let me know. Maybe you know something I don't.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JYCornell 23 Mar 2012 1:47AM GMT 
Philip Cornel... 1 Apr 2012 4:18PM GMT 
Philip Cornel... 1 Apr 2012 4:25PM GMT 
westwardgo 24 Jul 2012 9:19PM GMT 
pathtoadultho... 16 Jan 2013 11:13PM GMT 
mswelburn 25 Sep 2012 3:30AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions