Search for content in message boards

Cornells In the Indian Nation

Replies: 38

Cornells In the Indian Nation

Joyce Galicia (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2003 8:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cornell, Keans, Jones, Davis, McKenzie
Hi! I am looking for information on George and Joseph ( Joe )
Cornell who were from England, became traders, and entered the Creek Indian nation in Alabama. They married Indian women and were eventually related to almost every Creek Indian in the Indian Nation. Here is what I have.

George Cornell signed his will in 1825. The will listed all his children ( including a son named Richard ) and notes that he had at least one grandchild. We estimate 1780 as his date of birth. My direct line is with Joseph ( Joe ) Don't know his birth or the parents of these young men.

Joe married a woman from the Creek town of Tuckabatchee. She was of the Wind Clan. Her name not known.

She and Joe had a daughter named Lucy, who married John Keans.
Their daughter, Mary Polly Keans married William Samuel Jones. Actually her brother traded her to Sam for another woman Sam had. Polly and Sam did marry and had a daughter.
Polly and Sam's daughter Jeffersonia Hawkins Jones married
Edmond Davis. Edmond Davis and Jeffersonia had a son named William. William married Louisa McKenzie, and their daughter Constance was my grandmother. Anyone have knowledge of the Cornells who came from England, became traders, and stayed and married Indians, please contact me.
Most of my info on these Cornell men came from the papers of " Woodward Reminiscences" which can be checked out of the library.
Thank you.
Joyce
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Joyce Galicia 16 Jul 2003 2:34AM GMT 
dorothyburand... 28 Sep 2003 7:42AM GMT 
Joyce Galicia 29 Sep 2003 6:21PM GMT 
dorothyburand... 30 Sep 2003 1:00AM GMT 
gladn 30 Sep 2003 4:48PM GMT 
Dorothy 30 Sep 2003 6:29PM GMT 
Joyce Galicia 1 Oct 2003 7:07PM GMT 
dorothyburand... 1 Oct 2003 7:55PM GMT 
gladn 2 Oct 2003 3:49AM GMT 
gladn 2 Oct 2003 3:55AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions