Search for content in message boards

William Rutledge Cowan b. 1790 d. 1868

Replies: 6

Re: William Rutledge Cowan b. 1790 d. 1868

Posted: 17 May 2007 9:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cowan, Ellis, Carlock, Castleberry, Rushing, Everett, Owens, Echols, Matlock, Hinds, Rutledge, and others
I am a direct descendant of William Rutledge Cowan who married Nancy Ann Rutledge. We are trying to get testing done but so far no luck. I have a Robert Cowan as the father of this last William R. but did not have proof of the parentage. Looks like the Will of Robert might be some evidence. Is this the Robert that is NC? Nancy Ann Rutledge with father George Rutledge (or William per some researchers) was married to Eleanor Nellie Caldwell. Again, not proven.

I had also been told that William Rutledge Cowan with wife Nancy Susong was buried in Va but find in a listing in Dade County Missouri Families that this William was buried in Morris Cemetery in Dade County. He died in 1868 in Dade Co was married 20 Nov 1823 in Washington County, Va. per this source.

My Robert Cowan b. 31 Jan 1827 in Sullivan County, Tn is also buried in Morris Cem. with his 2nd wife Margaret Elizabeth Hailey. This Robert's first wife, Mary Jane McConnell is buried in the Pemberton Cemetery in Dade County just outside of Greenfield a ways. Mary Jane is the mother of William Rutledge Cowan b. 13 April 1850. Mary Jane died at his birth.

Would love to exchange correspondence with anyone. I have Cowan notes and information that I can't "fit" anyplace. I am trying to get it onto a database so I can keep track of them.

da

As for the story of the illegtimate child, that story didn't carry down if it is true. We had a lot of stories but that one missed out. Very interesting.

Would love more input on this line.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DonnaAtkinson... 26 Oct 2001 3:08AM GMT 
Mara806 22 Dec 2006 6:51AM GMT 
BarbaraK43 12 Jan 2007 10:31PM GMT 
Mara806 14 Jan 2007 8:17PM GMT 
LauraCowan 15 Jan 2007 12:12AM GMT 
canyonfrog 16 May 2007 4:21PM GMT 
donnaatkinson... 17 May 2007 3:10PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions