Search for content in message boards

Descendants of Simeon Crosby, MA, 1600's

Replies: 14

Re: Simon Crosby

Posted: 17 Jul 2007 12:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Crosby, Bucknam, Hutchinson, Rice, Kidder, Howe, Frost, Brown
Hello (unknown name). I am busy this week; I'm sorry if I sounded rushed. In order to save time, I am copy/pasting my message on the CROSBY Message Board at www.genforum.com

Hello. I haven't researched my CROSBY line for a couple years, and my sister researched it several years before that. While looking at my ancestors this week, I have discovered that my sister's research might not be correct. *

We have the ancestors, Simon or Simeon CROSBY and Lydia Harrington FROST marrying in Cambridge, MA, in 1787. And, we know Lydia's parents, etc. but I have just discovered we don't know who Simeon's parents were.

My sister has Simeon / Simon CROSBY born in 1758 in Shrewsbury, MA, and the son of Samuel CROSBY and Azubah HOWE. But, the Brookfield, MA, records have this Simon CROSBY marrying there in 1789 to Sarah HOWE.

This Simon and Sarah CROSBY moved to Fitzwilliam, NH, and ended up in Montpelier, VT. They reportedly had 7 children.

My Simeon and Lydia CROSBY only had one son, John CROSBY, born in 1797, and they lived in West Cambridge (aka Menotomy, aka Arlington, MA) John married Mary BUCKNAM and they had a daughter, Eliza Ann CROSBY in 1819, who married Jacob Homer HUTCHINSON, and they lived in Winchester, MA.

I checked the 1790 Census, and there were 4 Simon CROSBY's in New England: in Andover, MA, in Fitzwilliam, NH, in Hancock Co., Maine, and Windsor, CT. And, then Simeon CROSBY in Cambridge, MA.

So, it seems I now have to find a "new" CROSBY family-line !

So, I am looking for a Simeon / Simon CROSBY born anywhere around 1760's, possibly in the Boston or Cambridge area.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

P.S.
I have the "history of Billerica," and it does not have a Simon CROSBY born in 1758. It does have the couple, Samuel CROSBY and Dorothy BROWN marrying in 1729, and living in Shrewsbury, MA (Simon, Simon, Samuel)

P.S.2
I have the book "Simon Crosby, the Emigrant," and it offers information on Rev. Thomas CROSBY who lived in Eastham, MA (Cape Cod), and he and his wife, Sarah (FITCH?) had 12 children, which included a son, Simon, born in 1665.

And, it mentions Joseph CROSBY who lived in Braintree, MA. They are both brothers of Simon CROSBY of Billerica, MA.

And, it mentions their cousin, Anthony CROSBY, who was orphaned and adopted by his grandfather, Thomas CROSBY. They lived in Rowley, MA.

And, this is the posting I made on the same Board a year ago. As I said above, I discovered recently that the husband of Lydia H. FROST was not the Simon / Simeon in Shrewsbury - according to what I've seen on-line.

Hello. After I posted my other posting, I went to do a search for my information in the archives of the Board, and was very surprised. After 5 years of on-line researching, I had never gotten around to posting my CROSBY line !

I don't have my notes handy, but I can offer you the names in my line:

Simon CROSBY (1637-1725) married to Rachel BRACKET
Simon CROSBY (1663-1750) married to Hannah EVERETT
Samuel CROSBY (1698-1748) married to Dorothy BROWN
Samuel CROSBY (Dr.) (1731-1814) married to Azubah HOWE
Simon CROSBY (1758-1818) married to Lydia Harrington FROST
John C. CROSBY (1797-1854) married to Mary BUCKNAM
Eliza Ann CROSBY (1819-1893) married to Jacob Homer HUTCHINSON
Adelaide Crosby HUTCHINSON - my great-great-grandmother

This is from my sister's research who took on the CROSBY and HUTCHINSON research around the same time I took on the KIDDER research !

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

P.S.

Adelaide Crosby (HUTCHINSON) RICE had 2 daughters. Louise W. RICE married George "Sanford" KIDDER. So, these families are all related.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bbffrrpp 13 Jul 2000 7:26PM GMT 
carrie bagley 12 Nov 2000 8:12PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 13 Nov 2000 3:31AM GMT 
Carrie 14 Nov 2000 2:16PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 13 Jul 2007 2:47PM GMT 
offmyrocker2 16 Jul 2007 4:15PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 17 Jul 2007 12:09PM GMT 
offmyrocker2 17 Jul 2007 1:59PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 17 Jul 2007 6:49PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 13 Aug 2007 7:09PM GMT 
per page