Search for content in message boards

Mary Ann Cryer, Wiltshire, England

Replies: 0

Mary Ann Cryer, Wiltshire, England

Posted: 1 Mar 2012 4:43PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Cryer, Davis
Hi, I am a descendant of Mary ann Cryer and am looking for information on her family, specifically her baptism and parents' names and her possible marriage.

She was born around 1821 and her death certificate says she comes from Wiltshire, although where exactly I'm uncertain.

She emigrated to New Zealand arriving in 1841 and the family seems to have come via Australia as my great, great grandmother Sarah Davis was born in Adelaide in 1841.
Apparently she married John Davis in England in around 1837 (she was supposedly around 16 years old), possibly also in Wiltshire although I can't find any marriage in the IGI or marriage records and they married (again or for the first time?) in Kaitaia, New Zealand in 1845. (They were working with missionaries and John Davis was very religious in later life so I am uncertain whether there really was a first marriage or whether it was 'created' to appear more proper). They had a daughter Emma Esia in 1840 although where I am uncertain and I can't find her birth in either England or Australia.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I keep running up against a brick wall. Thanks,
Sarah

Find a board about a specific topic