Search for content in message boards

Susanna Wilson Culbertson of Philadelphia, 108 years old

Replies: 3

Susanna Wilson Culbertson of Philadelphia, 108 years old

Posted: 23 Aug 2011 2:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Culbertson, Wilson
Hello there - I am trying to discover any information I can about the woman mentioned in the attached obituary. Her name was Susanna Culbertson (maiden name: Wilson). She is said to have died at the age of 108 years old! Key details: husband is named Allan Culbertson, came to America in 1827 from Ireland, and she is also from Ireland. Has a son named James, and a grandson named Edward who I believe was Edward A. Culbertson, of the 23rd Philadelphia Infantry or "Birney's Zouaves" in the Civil War.

She was buried in the Mount Moriah Cemetery in Philadelphia (recently made the news there for being abandoned for years and then randomly closed) and I believe Edward may have been as well. Additionally I have a photo copy of the funeral program cover that says she was 108 years old, having died December 16, 1897. Her internment is listed as having taken place 3 days later on December 19th.

I think this woman may be in my family tree but need more proof. I would have thought that I could find more information about a woman who died at such an old age over 100 years ago, but I really haven't. Please help! (if you have a substantial amount of info. then let me know and I will give you my E-mail contact)

I appreciate any help I can get on this.

Thank you,
Vew5674
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
vew5674 23 Aug 2011 8:42PM GMT 
Jameskculbert... 27 Jul 2012 2:26PM GMT 
vew5674 27 Jul 2012 5:43PM GMT 
m1ckeyc 9 Aug 2012 5:32PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions