Search for content in message boards

James Cutler b. 1605, which are his parents?

Replies: 13

Revisited James Cutler b. 1605, which are his parents

Posted: 13 Apr 2008 10:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cutler
It seems that the parentage of James Cutler (1605) is in great dispute! As you can see this discussion has gone on for several years.

I am on my way to England next month (May2008) and I will be in Ipswich, Suffolk, England where James may or may not be from depending on who you want to believe. Regardless, I hope by looking at the records in Ipswich I can get a handle on James.

There is a pedigree that shows James parentage going back through a Thomas (1578); Robert (1553); Robert (1525); William (1500) and William (1475). This was the Familysearch site. I am not advocating this pedigree only that it exists. I will be using it as a starting point and see if I can get any documentation that the pedigree is correct in part or in whole. I will also be looking at the wives families associated with the respective Cutler; they are recorded as being from the Ipswich area. As you know sometimes you can get a lot of information from this type of data.

I expect there will be more questions after I am done but with any luck there will be some answers.

I'll post what I find

Patricia
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jilliwar 6 Oct 2001 11:30PM GMT 
nrc96gt 7 Dec 2002 6:12AM GMT 
pbower184 13 Apr 2008 4:51PM GMT 
marshatosh 26 Jul 2012 7:03PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions