Search for content in message boards

Daniel Cypher of Hopewell, Bedford Co, PA 1754-1864

Replies: 3

Daniel Cypher of Hopewell, Bedford Co, PA 1754-1864

Posted: 19 Apr 2008 7:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cypher, Ciphers, Syfred, Steele, Duffey
History of Bedford County page 332
Daniel Cypher, an early settler, served in the revolution and settled the county soon after the war. His children were Anna {Stoler} Polly, Daniel, Jacob and David.

At Usgenweb for Lancaster co, PA was a transcription of a Revwar Pension application #R2612 dated April 16, 1833 and submitted by Nancy Poquette. In which Daniel Cypher, 79, of Hopewell twp. states that he enlisted in Colonel Proctor’s Artillery with a Patrick Duffey. In the muster rolls of Col. Proctor’s Artillery is both Patrick Duffey and Daniel Syfred, as well as a Conrad Syfred. He also states that at the time he resided in Cre___? Twp, Lancaster county, PA.

I'm hoping to connect with anyone researching Daniel Cypher and also, perhaps someone may know of a town in Lancaster that could be the Cre___? mentioned. Also trying to reach Mel Ciphers that contacted me earlier but who's email addy has changed.

I am a descendant of Daniel's son David who married Catherine Steele and migrated to Hayesville/Vermillion, Richland/Ashland co, OH.

Thanks to everyone, and good luck!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
samanthaeastm... 20 Apr 2008 1:27AM GMT 
ksfisher_1 18 May 2009 2:28AM GMT 
samanthaeastm... 26 May 2009 3:04PM GMT 
JGHughes001 24 Jul 2010 6:23AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions