Search for content in message boards

James Cyrus Family-Johnson Co Texas OBITS

Replies: 7

James Cyrus Family-Johnson Co Texas OBITS

Sandra Bergmann (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2005 9:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cyrus
Went to the Cleburne Library (Johnson Co) today. Was looking for the James Cyrus who was the father of Mary Elizabeth (Mollie) Cyrus who married Issac H. Conway. Did not find them--but found a bunch of info that I hope someone else can use. Have obituaries and funeral home records on the following:

Mrs. C.V. Cyrus (formerly Miss Jennie Hill)
b: 27 Dec 1847 VA d: 15 Jan 1918 (per obit) Dallas TX
m: 1870 to C.V Cyrus in Columbia TN
Moved to Cleburne Tx abt 1825
Survived by 5 sons and 3 daughters
(the Obit is very lengthy, and if anyone needs a copy, I will be happy to share a copy. This obituary gives a TON of history--places they moved and lived in what years, all children's names, Church affiliations, cause of death. She was also a member of the United Daughters of the Confederacy, and King's Daughters in Clebune TX.
She is buried at Cleburne Cemetery.

Along this same line---I have also pulled funeral home records for a James Crary Cyrus who died on Feb 3rd 1938. Thought this was possibly her son--and pulled his obituary from Cleburne Times Review. Did not find the connection. HIS mother is listed as Ann Marie Porter born in VA. Father is listed as Charles Volney Cyrus born in TN. Wife is listed as Lillie Barrow Cyrus. Also found an obituary for a 3 yr old they lost in 1907 and have a copy of that too.

Also found an newspaper article for a Capt. C.V. Cyrus from Oct 1913 that he was seriously ill. That was in the Daily Enterprise Newspaper of Cleburne. When I went to the Cemetery records, he is listed on his headstone as passing on Oct 4, 1913.

I have the cemetery records copied--and they all seem to be buried in Cleburne Cemetery--Cleburne Texas.

As I said--if anyone is researching this line---I would be happy to send copies of the info I have!!
Thanks

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Sandra Bergmann 19 Jan 2005 4:44AM GMT 
cinda587 9 May 2011 1:27PM GMT 
Dwheary 10 Aug 2011 12:16AM GMT 
Dwheary 10 Aug 2011 12:20AM GMT 
Dwheary 10 Nov 2011 1:34AM GMT 
bebebe3 16 May 2012 8:37PM GMT 
Dwheary 17 May 2012 12:45PM GMT 
bebebe3 19 May 2012 7:57PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions